Pray for Christian Material reaches the hearing Impaired

Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I seek your prayers for the Lord to intervene in our cause to help our Catholic brethren in Malaysia who are hearing impaired.

At the moment they do not have a Bible for the deaf, nor a Bible in sign language. I have just placed an order for such material (DVDs - Bible in sign language) from the US to reach us barring any interference from our government. It’s not Catholic but I believe its the only thing that’s available.

I humbly ask for your prayers that the Lord will help in our mission to reach out to the disabled.

Thank you and God bless you all.!!

Patrick

How about a picture Bible?

Well, thanks for the suggestion but their understanding of the Bible is very different from us. They really want more from their faith, including proof in the Scriptures. I’ve downloaded the Bible for the deaf but not all of them are literate. So the Bible in sign language would be very suitable for all of them. Having said that, its quite a humbling experience for me to try and reach out to them.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I am praying for your intentions.

Your mission in Malasia will be included in my prayers at my Masses, adorations, and rosaries. That’s a wonderful thing that you are doing for the disabled!:slight_smile:

I thank you all, my Catholic brethren, for your prayers. I will post the outcome if the material reaches us.

God bless you all.

Patrick

THE DVD’S HAVE ARRIVED.

Once again I thank you all for your prayers and God has certainly answered them.Praise the Lord.!!

God bless all of you and your loved ones.

Patrick.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.