Pray for friend charged with manslaughter

My former daycare provider is being charged with involuntary manslaughter. A baby that was in her care died and this has just about completely destroyed her. She is a divorced woman with a teenage daughter and a 6 year old one as well. She has a heart of gold and I am certain she would have never done anything she didn’t think was safe. She always was very careful when my children were in her care and I, then and now, trust her implicitly. This situation is breaking my heart because she is such a good person. Please, please pray that she is acquitted and that the pain she and the parents are suffering will be eased. Thank you to all.

Today is the feast day of St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina (1887-1968). Padre Pio, pray for us!

Praying from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Psalm 32 (33)
The Lord provides

Rejoice in the Lord, you just: it is good for the upright to praise him.
Proclaim the Lord on the lyre, play his song on the ten-stringed harp.
Sing a new song to the Lord, sing out your cries of triumph,
for the word of the Lord is truly just, and all his actions are faithful.
The Lord loves justice and right judgement; the earth is full of his loving kindness.
By the Lord’s word the heavens were made, and all their array by the breath of his mouth.
He gathered the seas as if in a bag, he stored up the depths in his treasury.

Let every land fear the Lord, let all the world be awed at his presence.
For he spoke, and they came into being; he commanded, and they were made.
The Lord confounds the counsel of the nations, throws the thoughts of the peoples into confusion.
But the Lord’s own counsel stands firm for ever, his thoughts last for all generations.

Happy the nation whose lord is God, the people he has chosen as his inheritance.
The Lord looks down from the heavens and sees all the children of men.
From his dwelling-place he looks upon all who inhabit the earth.
He moulded each one of their hearts, he understands all that they do.

The king will not be saved by his forces; the abundance of his strength will not set the strong man free.
Do not trust a horse to save you, whatever its swiftness and strength.
For see, the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, upon those who trust in his mercy,
hoping he will save their souls from death and their bodies from hunger.

Our souls praise the Lord, for he is our help and our protector,
for our hearts rejoice in him, and we trust in his holy name.
Lord, show us your loving kindness, just as we put our hope in you.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

:frowning: How awful!

Praying for all involved.

I’ll remember all of them in my Rosary today. What a terrible situation! Praying …

For protection for your friend, and comfort for the baby’s family.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]***+JMJTJ+***

What a terrible tragedy for all involved! :frowning:

Your friend and the baby’s family will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you +
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Praying very hard!

LORD Jesus
Protect ur Children.

Praying for all involved…

Jesus, we beg you to have mercy on these two families in their terrible grief. Flood Your love and healing upon them, please Jesus.
Mother Mary, we beg your powerful intercession for these families.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.