Pray for knowledge of God

After seeing the Catholic Catechism answer to: Why did God make us? [mentioned by a junior member]. Answer: To know Him, love Him and serve Him here on earth and to be happy with Him forever in Heaven, during my post communion moments I asked Him to increase my knowledge, love & service of Him.

I believe He has answered me in the following way: Jesus said if you love only your friends then you reap no reward, but if you love your enemies and those who hate you, you are then entitled to one.

I believe this is also the way God behaves: He would reap no glory in merely loving those who love Him, but His glory escalates dramatically when He loves all those who are unworthy of His love.

When He acts like this OUR esteem, love, adoration and thanks for Him also increases.

The following may be heretical, but when we all reach the judgement chair of Jesus He may invite us ALL into Heaven.

Some will say: But that’s not fair!.. I say: What skin is it off your nose if you are receiving what your behaviour deserves and ALL these other undeserving souls are also enjoying a fair measure of Heavenly joy [which incidentally gives God joy to see everyone happy].

I also want to see everyone happy and I pray for that every day as part of my service of God.

I believe this insight was inspired by the Holy Spirit. Pray the Fatima decade prayer Jesus passed on to Lucia during the apparition of July 13th, 1917. “O my [loving] Jesus, pardon us, save us from the fire of Hell, and draw ALL SOULS to Heaven, especially those most in need” and you will be benefiting Jesus, ALL SOULS, and yourself. This prayer can be verified in Google search: Lucia’s version of the decade prayer at Fatima. Notice that Jesus uses the word “draw” in His prayer. If you look up its meaning in the Oxford Dictionary you will discover that an applicable meaning is: [quoted straight from the dictionary]: • direct or attract (someone’s attention) to something: it was an outrage and we had to draw people’s attention to it | a bright red instantly draws the eye.

When we say this prayer we are empowering Jesus to direct and attract everyone’s attention to Heaven, our final dwelling place.

This prayer can be verified in Google search: Lucia’s version of the decade prayer at Fatima. Click on the 1st hit. A few paragraphs down you will see the following from an interview with Lucia regarding the apparition on the 13th of July, 1917.

Here it is:

According to the book Our Lady of Fátima by William Thomas Walsh (Macmillan, 1947), in an interview with the author,[1] Sr. Lucia states that “The correct form is the one I have written in my account of the apparition of July 13: ‘O my Jesus, pardon us, and save us from the fire of hell; draw all souls to heaven, especially those most in need.’” This version does not have the commonly added phrase “of thy mercy” at the end of it.

You may notice that for better grammar and smoother recitation I have added ‘loving’ before the word ‘Jesus’, something Jesus would not have done I believe. I have also moved the word ‘and’ from ‘and save us from the fire of Hell’ to ‘and’ draw all souls to Heaven etc. Champo120

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying hard.

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done on earth
as it is in heaven.
Give us this day
our daily bread, and
forgive us our trespasses as we
forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil. Amen.

Blessed art thou amongst women, and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now and at
the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and
to the Son, and
to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now, and
ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.

Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

Thanks to everyone for your prayers. Prayer is more powerful than we imagine because we are calling on an infinitely powerful God to act for us. champo120

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Thank you DoGodsBidding, your prayers will be rewarded as is every prayer, champo120

[INDENT][INDENT]If you want an in-depth discussion of this issue, you may want to post a thread in the Moral Theology Forum. In any case, it’s good to see you here on the prayer board! God bless you.

Anima Christi

Soul of Christ, make me holy
Body of Christ, be my salvation
Blood of Christ, let me drink your wine
Water flowing from the side of Christ, wash me clean
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
Kind Jesus, hear my prayer
Hide me within your wounds
And keep me close to you
Defend me from the evil enemy
And call me at the hour of my death
To the fellowship of your saints
That I might sing your praise with them
for all eternity. Amen.

:signofcross:

[/INDENT][/INDENT]

I like your quote about the little children because I hope Jesus views me as one of His smallest children. If He looks upon me as a little child I would be delighted because I want to be like St. Therese, who is my Heavenly sweetheart. If I get to Heaven I have a picture of her on my computer saying: “Believe that I will be your true little sister for all eternity”. This delights me of course and increases my desire to get to Heaven to meet her and be with her forever. champo120

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.