Pray for Marineboy

I truly believe that MB needs our prayers - please pray for him. (I know you all will)
For those that haven’t associated with him, please pray that he’ll receive peace of mind and spirit. Thank you.

Amen, Jen. I’m with you. I shudder to think what would happen if he pulled that kind of “tantrum” in a platoon of Marines…and I was in the Navy.

He has my prayers.

I think I missed the beginning of the movie…

He was very, hmmmm, vociferous. He posted an extemely vile message insulting one of our moderators upon his third screen name (being suspended on the previous two). He needs our prayers particularly if he is currently serving in our armed forces or is a vet.

where is that post??? i would like to read it

[quote=nsmyrtle]where is that post??? i would like to read it
[/quote]

It has been removed.

I will pray for him too,he has a great passion for the faith,but he needs to be given the gift of discernment on how to interact with people.

You mean he was an adult? I only saw the post he made when he came back as moderatorstinks or something to that effect. It looked like the work of a 12 or 13 year old.

I was hoping they would just suspend him and let him ponder things for a while and maybe let him try again. But I don’t know what he originally said and it may not be possible if it was really unacceptable.

[quote=Lux_et_veritas]You mean he was an adult? I only saw the post he made when he came back as moderatorstinks or something to that effect. It looked like the work of a 12 or 13 year old.

I was hoping they would just suspend him and let him ponder things for a while and maybe let him try again. But I don’t know what he originally said and it may not be possible if it was really unacceptable.
[/quote]

I liked what “marineboy” had to say. Yes, he was very truthful. Some people , like liberals , do not like the truth. But they will sing a different tune once they are dead. Marineboy was out John the Baptist. Sorry he has been anialated.

He was suspended, what ever that means. I think it is a life long sentance. I have noticed that some posters in the past six months have come on CA and spit in the Pope’s face, ridiculed Catholic Doctrine and teachings and been very Anti-Catholic - they were not suspended. I wonder why the anti-Catholics are treated better than the Catholics?

Just this past Wed. a local talk sho host had the same Rabbi on for the third time since Christmas. The Rabbi has a one-track mind. Any time he can give a jab to the Vatican he does. I called and e-mailed that talk show host and stated my opinion strongly. I asked for a Priest to be on the show sometime. Whats the facination with the Jews? Marineboy was a strong Catholic, we need him back.

as Jesus said “I am with you always even til the e:p nd of days.”

I’ll gladly pray for him.
I don’t see him as a John the baptist at all because he wasn’t a voice crying in the wilderness, but a wild voice crying…

His message was not even that of the church most times, but one of extreme vitriol against anyone unlike himself. (Like me) I wondered if he read the posts of others very much, because he got down on me (today) and Lord knows I feel like I have made some pretty pointed defenses of the faith around here and I’ve had to work extra hard to maintain charity in the face of some of the bunk that has strolled in here and gone off on us.

It’s like he forgot 1st Peter 3:15 & 16. A passage that I have to keep in mind at all times. " But sanctify the Lord Christ in your hearts, being ready always to satisfy every one that asketh you a reason of that hope which is in you.16 But with modesty and fear, having a good conscience: that whereas they speak evil of you, they may be ashamed who falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ."

MB,
If ya read this…May the Lord restore you to us soon and that with all grace and charity, that niether of us ever disgrace the Gospel.
Pax tecum Brother,

I know that Marineboy can be a bit…um…extreme, but this whole thread seems a bit meanspirited. I wouldn’t find this so bad if we privately e-mailed one another asking for prayers but to do this publically seems like purposeful humiliation. I love all you guys and normally agree with you on most topics-especially CatholicMilitant-but this one makes me uneasy. Sorry.

I did not interact with this person. I don’t know who he might be, but having read this thread I don’t think that there is anything mean-spirited about it.

Frank discussion perhaps, not mean spirited.

I thnik discussing anybody who has been reprimanded should be against the rules of the forum. It is highly uncharitable…but then again…that is only my .02$…:smiley:

Blessings,
Shoshana

i went ack and read some of his posts he was to the point but what he said seemed to be in line with the church

maybe most of us are so use to sugar coated languge that when someone really speaks the truth with clear rhetoric we sorta get shocked

In looking t his posts I dont see what some of you disagree with–other than maybe his method–but maybe we need more languge like that–because aot of people believe you can be saved in any religion–marineboy also left room for invincible ignorance–he says that in his posts–i think we need more language like that and less language like “we reject nothing good in other religions”

[quote=nsmyrtle]i think we need more language like that and less language like “we reject nothing good in other religions”
[/quote]

If you dissent from Vatican II, then in my opinion you shouldn’t be coming to the Catholic Answers forums representing yourself as a Catholic. And if you do so anyway, then you should be banned.

From Nostra Aetate:

The Church, therefore, exhorts her sons, that through dialogue and collaboration with the followers of other religions, carried out with prudence and love and in witness to the Christian faith and life, they recognize, preserve and promote the good things, spiritual and moral, as well as the socio-cultural values found among these men.

[quote=Shoshana]I thnik discussing anybody who has been reprimanded should be against the rules of the forum. It is highly uncharitable…but then again…that is only my .02$…:smiley:

Blessings,
Shoshana
[/quote]

I agree. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.