Pray for Mary

Please pray for Our Blessed Virgin Mary, let me explain. We have a statue of our Blessed Virgin Mary and she got put in a closet. We got a new statue of the Nativity of Mary, older and gigantic 9 ft. tall but sitting, looking like 50 aproximate appearing like she would have when she was older. Our priest did not even ask us, as some one paid for it. He took out Mary, there was room for two, where he could have let her stay as she was little, about 2 ft. tall. I used to say the rosary in front of her with others. Pray for our priest as he said he does not say the rosary only if forced to. He could have put Mary in the chapel or the kitchen or just somewhere but it is like he booted her out the door. I’m trying to be forgiving but now I do not go to the daily Mass. It is not the same without Mary. :frowning: It is not the same saying the rosary without Mary. :frowning: I’m seriously thinking of going to our Catholic nursing home for rosary with the nuns, and their chapel. :o this is beginning to get a lot of us worried. :signofcross::bighanky::highprayer:

Easy Ref. List of Scriptures for catholic faith!

Praying for saints Psalm 30:4, Psalm 52:9, Psalm 116:15, Psalm 132:16, Psalm 148:14, Psalm 149:1, Daniel 7:18, Daniel 7:27, Romans 1:7, Romans 8:27, 1 Corinthians 6:1, 1 Corinthians 6:2, 1 Corinthians 16:15, 2 Corinthians 8:4, Ephesians 1:18, Ephesians 3:18, Ephesians 6:18, Philippians 4:21, Colossians 1:4, Colossians 1:12, Colossians 1:26, Revelation 5:8, Revelation 8:3, Revelation 8:4

Intercession of the Saints Psalm 103, Ps. 103:20–21, Rev. 5:8, Psalm 30:4, Psalm 132:16, Romans 8:27, Ephesians 6:18, Revelation 5:8, Revelation 8:4, 1 Kings 13:6, Ephesians 2:19

Virgin Mary Is 7:14, Lk 1:26-27, Luk.1:48, Matthew 1:20, Luke 1:41-43, Revelation 11:19-12:2, Revelation 12:17, Gal. 4:4, Lk. 1:16-18

Praying for your intention…

Thank you I will read them all tonight and get some solace.
I will copy them for reading in the chapel.:slight_smile:

Dear Barbara,:slight_smile:
I ask God to comfort and heal you.
I think our Lady would be very distressed if anyone stopped going to daily Mass because a statue of her has been removed. I ask her to intercede that you will be enlightened as to how she genuinely feels about this, not what devotion to her says about it.
To abandon Jesus and the gifts He offers for the sake of a statue is a sad thing however much one loves the blessed Mother. I pray that you can come to see this. The Mass is “the source and summit” of Christian life, the Church teaches us.

Mary is still there! :slight_smile:

i pray you will go back to daily mass and i also will pray for your priest. keep praying for him as well.

God bless you!

:byzsoc:

Praying for your intentions.

Always pray

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

My prayer for you.

I ask the Lord to perhaps inspire you to form a Rosary group to meet at an agreed home, perhaps yours, to say the Rosary, and to courteously ask the priest that as he has no use for the small statue of Mary, will he please donate it to the Rosary prayer group for their home Rosary group.

I ask the Lord to ensure that no one judges the Lord’s priest or his spirituality, knowing that the bible teaches us that “The depths of a person can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other person.” [1Corinthians 2:1]

I thank God that your priest did not leave you without a statue of Mary, installing one in its place. That he did so shows that although his taste may differ, he has devotion to his Mother Mary which he attends to privately.

God bless your parish with unity and prayerfulness and gentle Christian charity and peace.
May the Lord be with you, and may the prayers and love of Mary characterize your parish.

Praying for a return of your beloved statue…Amen.

still praying

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. I had to step back from the situation and pray about it. I went to the nursing home daily Mass, prayed and felt a great peace.
I will probably pray the rosary with the nuns but I also pray at home and with the recitation on EWTN.

I believe my priest is playing a bad game, and he will have to answer for what he does. It is not my fault and not all our priests in the cluster are like him. I have found that out.

I think God has a way of making a person change, or bend and humbling me so i am wondering what the next step is. There are options I suppose so I’m looking for them too. and I am looking for my own statue to have at home, nice small one, for my own devotion prayers and intercessions. I may would not have got one if this didn’t happen.

It is hard when changes happen and if it isn’t pleasant then I just adapt but not lose what I have but gain more inspiration. I guess a little more fasting will help.

praying for your intention

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.