Pray for me and family -- I'm going through the Rite of Election Today

I finally took the plunge and joined RCIA last month (although I’ve been instructing myself for the last year or so).

My faith formation director and sponsor think I’m ready for the Rite of Election — which is happening TODAY, actually.

I’m a baptized Christian already, so I’m just becoming a candidate for reconciliation later.

Please pray for me and family.
My family, especially — as none of them are joining me at this time – and sadly, my wife is NOT supportive of me becoming Catholic (yet)

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

dcarollo, So glad to hear you took the plunge! Keep us posted.

Lord, bless dcarollo as he continues his faith journey towards home. Fill him with devotion and patience for his family. Let him instruct them by his example, that they will want to follow in his journey one day too. But until then, may they be supportive of him and respectful of his choice. I ask this through the intercession of Your Most Holy Mother, Mary.

Praying for you! None of my family is Catholic and I had to beg a couple of them to attend my confirmation (none of them joined me at the Rite of Election which was a HUGE deal at our parish), so I totally know where you’re coming from. God is going to take care of everything, just enjoy it! :slight_smile:

Lord, grant angelic protection and ministry to dcarollo and all those whom he encounters or interacts with in this journey. Grant him graces for fortitude, courage, joy, and magnanimity, leading him and his wife and all his acquaintances to your Sacred Heart, now and forever. Our Lady, pray with us. Amen.

God blesses your family

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

:signofcross:

:signofcross:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.