Pray for me during these days

I had my 13 year relationship end 10 months ago and though I still live with my ex I am finding that they are not planning to be here for Thanksgiving and I will now be alone. I have no friends or family to spend the time with and seeing someone I once considered family turning their back on me is almost more than I can take at this time of the year.

I will be praying a lot to receive strength to get through this time as best I can.

Thank you so much.

Lord, I pray that you will be with John in a special way tomorrow. I pray that he can spend the day - or at least a portion of the day - at an adoration chapel with you. You will be able to touch him and heal his wounds with your penetrating beams of love emanating from your presence in the Blessed Sacrament. Please help him move out of his ex’s house, as cohabitating isn’t good in the least for his soul. May he find a new apartment and get a new start in life with some new people around him to be his friends. Help him meet some good Chritians to help him get through this pain he is suffering. Help John start anew, Lord, and bless him for his efforts to be pleasing to you. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Definitely pray for you.
I had to spend Christmas like that once… I was young and single however.

May I make a suggestion? Your task is to survive the day… so, start by going to Thanksgiving mass, then go shopping (some stores will be open), and go to a movie or watch “the game” on TV or both. Or, leave town for the day or go hiking. I guess, in other words, get out of the house. And don’t feel you have to have turkey either. That Christmas day I had pizza.

Our family is not going anywhere. PM if you want to stay connected. I check e-mail even on Thanksgiving Day and I reckon it will be quiet here on CAF.

I am having a solemn day myself. My 3 year relationship ended recently also, and it is a sad time to be lonely, even if others are around. I agree with the above poster- keep it moving and I accepted invites that I never would have taken just to be out. I will off er pryaers for you, and hope that you can find something about yourself to be grateful to God for, like your health and the ability to start again. You can do it!

Somebody needs to start “don’t be alone at Thanksgiving” and “don’t be alone at Christmas” initiatives, so that those who would otherwise be sitting at home alone can decide to get together, and maybe everybody agree to bring something towards the meal, at a park maybe?
If someone can get something like that started, Lord, please inspire the appropriate persons. Please help lonely people find each other to celebrate together in their shared humanity.

And John I wish you could live somewhere else, not with your ex, as how can you possibly move on with her almost constantly there.
Dear Lord, please help John to seek and find the situation that is most helpful to his emotional and spiritual welfare.
Thank You Lord

Praying that you will find good company for Thanksgiving, John.

Praying.

John, please know that I am praying for you.

I never know what to say in these threads… everyone seems so “eloquent” compared to me but please know I am praying for you also.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us. And after this our exile, show unto us the blessed Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, o Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

Praying that you will have peace and experience joy this Thanksgiving and Christmas even though you may be alone …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

You are in my prayers John.God bless

**happy day after!

you made it!

now go shopping!**

John I will remember you in my prayers throughout the entire holiday season. I live alone, and I know how hard it can be. I will be alone for Christmas this year all day. I used to be invited out for brunch, but the people stopped doing that. I try to pray for people and read, come on the computer a bit even if I don't post I can pray for the people here.

We can be lonely for people, but God is always with us.

Continued prayers John.Thinking of you for Monday for your new job.Hope you will then be able to make new friends make plans for your future and get your own place to live.God bless

I sure did make it. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I didn’t expect it to be so hard but I learned a lot about myself too…

and yes Bailey…I went shopping today…someone has to support the economy…lol

Oh I’m so sorry, John. My prayers are with you. May God comfort you and bring you a deep sense of peace, especially during this season. God bless. :console: :gopray:

Praying for you over the holiday season. I thank God that, as mentioned in another thread, you have a job that will enable you to move out from the pace you share with your ex-girlfirend. I ask the Lord to help you towards a new beginning, although knowing that this is a very painful process for you.
God bless you

John good luck for your job Monday.God bless

Our Father who art in heaven
hallowed be thy name
thy kingdom come
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven
give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgvie those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil
Amen

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions…..

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayers for these intentions. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

closed #20

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.