Pray for me - immigration and separation issues

Praying for you and your family!

~~ the phoenix

Will keep your intentions in prayer

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_14_5.gifJMJ

%between%

I will be praying for you & your family. :crossrc:

For all Members who are in Australia

This is the letter my husband emailed to all his friends in Australia. I am asking the readers to please pray for our intentions.

My children Shaun & Stephanie witnessed the stabbing murder of their mother when they were aged 10 & 4 by an indonesian who openly admitted in court that he entered a marriage of convinience in order to be able to stay permanently in Australia. He was sentenced to 5 years in jail and was out in 3 and now roaming the streets of Sydney presumably as an Australian citizen.

2 years ago, I met and married a Filipina who’s been here in Australia since 2001 on a protection visa. Initially she turned down my marriage proposal 3 times explaining her situation and how stressing it is to live 3 months at a time ( she has to renew her visa every 3 months). This woman, gave me and my children nothing but joy, taught us resiliency of spirit, calming qualities that helped my chldren cope with the trauma of their mother’s death. She filled the void in my children’s life left by their mother’s murder.

Unfortunately, the Department of Immigration is sending her back to the Philippines. After numerous appeals to the Minister for Immigration to exercise his power under Section 417 of the Migration Act ( power that can substitute the department’s decision if he thinks it is in the public interest to do so). Sadly, without compassion they have rejected all appeals and the irony of the situation is that the department has allowed the murderer to stay in Australia, my children are now faced with the prospect of losing another mother.

My wife has only until 18 September 2007 to stay here in Australia. We don’t know when she will return if she files her spouse visa offshore and Immigration refuses to give us a time frame. It can be 5 days or 5 years before she may be able to return.

For readers who are not in Australia, I beg you to please pray for my family. Please pray that the Holy Spirit touch the heart of my wife’s case officer and let God’s mercy and compassion pour in their hearts and grant our request. I pray for God’s intervention through your prayers.

Thank you and God Bless

Steve Smith

:gopray2:Praying for you, & for your family!!:gopray2:

Praying for you and your family.

Prayers! You and your family will be in my prayers.

:gopray2:

Offering this up in my next rosary

Praying for your wife and family to St. Joseph…

Praying for you:gopray2:

**How much there can be in a name
is most clearly shown in you
who were called Frances Xavier,
thus expressing your wonderful missionary spirit.

An imigrant from Lombardi in Italy,
you in turn took care of immigrants.
You founded the Missionary Sisters
and became the first American citizen
to be canonized a Saint.

Make us dedicated servants of God like yourself
and care for the immigrants who need your help.
We ask you to pray to the Father for
the safety and union of this family.**

J†M†J
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God Bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

Praying for all of you esp. that the Holy Spirit put compassion in the heart of the immigration officials.
Ellen18

I have placed your petitions within my heart and will carry them with me to Mass and I will remember your petitions in my daily prayers.
:signofcross: :gopray2:

Still praying, Steve…I am in South Australia and I dont know what is up with our Immigration Department - they are making terrible mistakes…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.