Pray for me please in my search for truth

I was baptized Catholic, but when I was three years old my mother became Pentacostal and so I was raised Pentacostal. I feel I always had a strong relationship with God growing up. However, early on I began to question many Pentacostal teachings. Now that I am in college I have been trying to find a Protestant church I feel at home in, but have no success. Lately a few circumstances in my life seem to be pointing me back to Catholic Church. The more I look into it the more comfortable I feel with it. However, I am very afriad of making the wrong decision. I am beginning to consider becoming a confirmed Catholic, which is a big deal. Even just looking into the Catholic Church was a huge leap of faith for me because it goes against so much of what I was taught growing up.

Please pray for me that God will guide me into making the right decision, and give me some kind of assurance. And that if I go through with this that it will go smoothly. I am afriad it is something my mother will not easily accept so please pray for God to put understanding in her as well.

Thank you so much.

The Lord wills that all become one with Him in the Church He established: the Catholic Church. May the Lord’s will be done in your life with no obstacles to His will. May you not let any thing or any person interfere with your being a full member of Christ’s body. May the Lord give you strength, courage, wisdom and peace. You are a Catholic, my friend, so may you be faithful to your baptismal promises. May Our Lord help your mother to accept the truth as revealed fully in our Catholic Church. Amen.

I will be praying that you will come into full communion Of the Catholic Church The Lord is leading you back to the Church that he established and I will pray that your mother will come back to the one true Church also.

catalina, please know that I am praying for you.

Catalina,
May our dear Lord gently and lovingly guide you.

Praying for you on your hourney home.

Pater noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto. Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.

Praying for you, Catalina,

Almighty Father,
let your light so penetrate our minds
that, walking in your commandments,
we may always follow you, our leader and guide.
[We make our prayer] through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

May the Lord bless us and keep us from all harm; and may he lead us to eternal life.
AMEN

:blessyou:

You are in my prayers - God will show you the way, in His time. Please consider spending time in prayer in a Catholic Church in the presence of the Eucharist - I have found this to be very powerful.

I was baptized into a Pentecostal (Assembly of God) church (having been raised in the Jewish faith). The congregation was/is full of believers hungry for the Holy Spirit - but I was drawn powerfully to the Eucharist and the sacraments and came to believe that the truth you are seeking is fulfilled most completely in the Catholic Church. However, I do believe God is working powerfully throughout the body of Christ and will lead us all ultimately where he wants us.

Praying . . .

Blessings,

Brian

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember oh most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence I fly unto thee oh Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Praying for you on your journey home.

Pater noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto. Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.

Praying for you …

You will be remembered in my prayers, as all who seek truth.

I will pray a rosary for you. God bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.