Pray for me to be truly sorry

I am struggling w/ a policy at work about how we put in our time and make up for time missed. It seems to me that this policy is unfairly applied on a case-by-case basis where one person seems to be able to abuse it, but when I try to make up my time by not taking a lunch, I get my butt chewed.

I am really frustrated with this. I try to make up my time in this manner so as not to have to us my PTO (I’m trying to save up for maternity leave in December). Instead of calling me or waiting till we’re able to meet face-to-face, my boss addresses this matter passively via email. It seems so petty I’m not even going to address it with her.

My problem is that I know how to cheat the time clock - everybody does, but I’m not sure how many people actually do. For instance, you can be gone for 37 minutes and it only counts as a 30 min lunch; gone for 52 min and it only counts as a 45 min lunch, etc. I abuse this on a daily basis and esp. with what has transpired today, I’m finding it very hard not to abuse this situation to my advantage.

Please pray with me to be truly sorry for cheating in this manner and despite how my employer chooses to handle things, pray with me that instead of retaliating in such a passive-agressive manner that I will earnestly try to be honest with my time. I need to make it to confession this week, just praying for true sorrow for this sin and to be able to confess it (I never have, it has never even occurred to me to do so).

Thanks so much. Hoping my memory of this insult passes quickly and I’m able to let it go.

Prayer for the Virtue of Honesty

Jesus, Prince of all Heavenly truths, Your Words are carved for eternity! You have commanded the virtue of honesty, It is the power against all deceptions. Direct Your Spirit of honesty upon me, That by soul may always remain stainless. Guide my daily thoughts, words and actions, To join those living by the Spirit of truth. For honesty yields harmony and loyalty, Enriching all human relationships. By the power of Your Spirit that flourishes, Honesty will prevail in this world!

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Dear Lord, please help JLCecelia make a good confession. Thank you for moving her heart to be sorrowful for the clock punching situation. May you bless her and make her into your most beautiful saint. Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, if You so will it, provide this person with more accurate perspective on her misdeed, Lord, emotionally and rationally. Keep them free of feeling like Your Mercy is unattainable, Lord, and therefore despairing, but remind them that You love them and wish to forgive them for any sin they commit, even if they have difficulty feeling that they are in the wrong. Move the minds and hearts of her superiors, Lord, that they would, next time, be more compassionate toward her, as well. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, please move the heart of JLCecilia toward true sorrow and penance. Help her to follow Your will in this situation. In Jesus name we pray.

What a beautiful prayer!

Jesus You know JLCecilia’s needs, now and for the future. Please help her to deal with them rightly and respectfully, but please ensure that her needs for her children are met as You would like.

Help her to deal rightly with her boss, who would have had her own reasons for dealing indirectly. If possible please encourage JLCecilia to apologise for her own disrespect towards her boss in this, and help them both towards an honest and respectful relationship and honest and respectful solutions.

Thank You, Jesus

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.