Pray for me: Victim of family member's uncontrolable rage

Pray for me please to be able to withstand the rage that is being directed at me by a family member who struggles with mental health issues.

I know that those health issues are not her fault. They are a medical condition.
She has put me in the cross hairs of her rage.

Other than prayer I dont know what to do. She isnt someone who can be reasoned with very easily and her dripping hatred of me is very real. And she can be very vicious.

I am at a loss of how to handle this. I am no mental heath professional. :confused:

Lord, send angelic help and reminders to these souls, that the always remember to love others with Christian humility. Remind these souls to lay their anxieties and struggles at the foot of the cross to be crucified. Send Marie and all involved souls a dosage of many graces for wisdom, faith, hope, love, humility, patience and all virtue. Touch these souls with your loving hand, to vanquish their every ill, spiritual, mental, emotional, or physical. Have mercy, Lord, and shine a foretaste of divine light into this dimmed world where injustice and darkness threaten. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

I’m so sorry.

Prayers for your (and her!) mental, physical and emotional health, for courage and perseverance and love.

I will pray for you, Marie, that G-d give you the strength to deal with this emotionally trying situation. May I add that I know first-hand what this is like since I have a cousin who suffers from bipolar disorder and, when in a manic state, used to direct her rage toward me and one or two other family members. It is not uncommon but her condition has improved in recent years. Try not to take it personally even though it can be very difficult.

My mother and I have been struggling all our lives with my beloved aunt who has similar issues to the ones you described. My grandmother (her mother) was also a victim of her rage. And when my child started to be a target as well, I cut off ties. She was with me my entire life, and I feel very badly about the relationship ending. But the abuse was outrageous and there was no reasoning with her.

I’ll pray for you, Marie. And please pray for my situation as well. Thank you! God bless you. :slight_smile:

Praying. Might be a good chance to practice mercy, patience, and love for her. God sometimes sends people like that to us on purpose to help us grow spiritually.

:gopray:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:

Thank you all so much :slight_smile:

Meltzerboy,

Thank you…prayers for you too

Cozette, praying for you as well. Thank you so you much

Marie, I will pray this prayer in honor of St. Dymphna for your relative. When you are saying this prayer just say her name in the place it calls for.

Lord our God, You generously chose St. Dymphna as patroness of those afflicted with mental and nervous disorders. she is thus an inspiration and a symbol of charity to the thousands who ask her intercessions.
Please grant, Lord, through the prayers of this pure martyr, relief and consolation to all suffering such trials, and especially those for whom we pray. (mention here those for whom you wish to pray).
We beg You ,Lord, to hear the prayers of St. Dymphna on our behalf. Grant all those for whom we pray patience in their sufferings and resignation to Your divine will. Please fill them with hope, and grant them the relief and cure they so much desire.
We ask this through Christ our Lord Who suffered agony in the garden. Amen

:heart::hug1::byzsoc:

My mother has this problem. I know how painful it can be. My prayers are with you!

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

I strongly suggest you see a counselor. I also suggest you read the book “When I Say no I feel guilty” It is about assertiveness. No where in the Bible does it say “Blessed be the doormats” I’m not suggesting that you fight with your mother. What I am saying is that it is a sin to allow other to continue to sin and not present them with the truth/assertiveness. Don’t enable, it’s a very unloving thing to do. Please seek help. There are good catholic counselors out there.

thank you!

Of course you have our prayers.

But please understand that you must be certain you are safe as well as others. If this person shows signs of harming anyone or herself then please call for help immediately.

Don’t think that having to possibly hospitalize this person is wrong or a lack of strength on your part. Just because a person is mentally ill does not mean that you have to be victimized by them. It may actually be better if they are hospitalized if warranted.

I understand this struggle because of my own brothers issues. He is much better now in recognizing when he needs help and is willing to be hospitalized if needed. There were times this was not true and we had to call for the police and medical assistance. But this way he did get the help he needed.

May God give you the strength you need.

Praying for you & your family.

Praying that the Lord may strengthen you and guide in your interactions with your family member. Also praying for all necessary graces for her.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.