Pray for me.

Please pray for me and my family. I have not been a practicing catholic for many years. Please pray that my heart changes and that I’m able to express my faith in church again. Please pray that I’m able to handle any circumstances or people that I may meet in Church when I do return to the church. I know that it is biblical to be in fellowship with God’s people. It’s very hard to feel comfortable in church activities when I’m being judged by my ethnicity.

Praying hard for you Ivyt

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

My prayers are with you Ivy.God is with you and He is calling you back to Him.
Be strong and not afraid.God is with you always.He loves all His children.Im sorry you have/may have been suffering due to ethnicity.I love you my sister in Christ:yup:

Dear Lord please be with your daughter.Guide her watch over her and protect her in her descipleship to You O Lord.Thankyou for Your many Blessings O Lord.
Lord in Your Mercy,Hear our prayer.
God Bless

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

I find the last line hard to understand as it doesn’t matter where I am what anyone’s race happens to be. Perhaps some people think judgement is there where it isn’t just because they’re sensitive about it…but I’ve only seen welcome of individuals regardless of culture, whatever parish I’ve been in, and my friends in the Church are African, Middle Eastern, Asian, whatever…and I know that if people keep to themselves, whatever race, they can feel lonely. People don’t always like to intrude on those who keep to themselves.

I’m delighted that you desire to find your way back to the richness of the Sacraments and your Catholic community.
Jesus please help our sister to find joy and welcome in returning to You. Please help her to reach out to others so that they know she wishes for their friendship and support.

Warm regards, Trishie

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Jesus will You please help Ivy to welcome and to act upon the invitation You have given her to return to the Church.
Thank You, Jesus

Dear Lord, may this good soul live for you alone and not care what other people think about his/her ethnicity. Let ivyt begin to live only for you and never for the approval of others. May ivyt offer up his/her suffering for souls and never give up on Mass because of other people. May ivyt go to a monastery or another church where the people are better. Some churches might be better than others for ivyt. Just get ivyt back to Church so he/she can be in a state of grace. If ivyt isn’t in a state of grace ivyt will never arrive at true happiness and a true life in You. Ivyt will just be a withered branch waiting to die away. I love ivyt as a fellow brother/sister in Christ and feel badly that he/she isn’t going to Mass because of other people. Prejudice is hatred and hatred would drive anyone away. But praise You, Lord, you give us all a choice of which Catholic Church we wish to worship at. I’m quite sure there must be a monastary or church where the people are better. Lord, whatever nationality ivyt is of no importance to me and to good souls. We are neither Jew or Greek nor slave or free nor man or woman in Christ - but of one and the same body. Lord, help ivyt become a saint and deepen his/her prayer life so he/she can better serve you. Put good people in ivyt’s life and find a better church for him/her. I’m sorry about the bigots, Lord. Bring them to conversion. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

JMJ / MMM 090703 Friday
Dear ivyt –
You and your family shall be in my prayers. You are thinking and intending in the right direction … God’s direction. We are brothers and sisters and are expected by Jesus and his Father to help each others, expecially by prayer.

I am white. (I’ve never actually seen a “white” person … but that’s what custom says I am.) I am curious. What "color"are you? Not that it actually matters.

My sister, continue in the good road you’re on. You are right!

When you meet people in church – in a coffee time or some group – act humbly but also showing that this is your house and you simply belong there. Some people will take to you. Remember them and engage with them in future times. You will do fine. Don’t ever apologize for who you are. You are a daughter of God – wow!

Stick to one Catholic church. Don’t shop around. Now and then someone may not be warm to you. Shame on him/her. Offer a prayer for that “poor and needy” person.

I send you the Infinite Love of Jesus and his Father … and the love of Mary … and my own.
John (JohnJFarren)

Amen

Thank you Lord for ivyt’s big step here - asking for prayers in this thread. Change her heart and strengthen her will that she may practice her faith, no matter what uncharitable people may think or say. Comfort her by Your love.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.