Pray for my friend.

My friend is a teenager like myself, he sometimes goes to my Catholic parish. He is, what some would call, a computer geek. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, it’s very hard to explain things about our faith to him because he doesn’t really understand theology or philosophy at all. So when I try and explain why we don’t believe in homosexual marriage, he responds with “So God will send a human to hell for loving another human.” It’s difficult to explain. I hope some of you understand. He doesn’t understand. I believe his influences is from the internet community, and not from a moral standpoint. It’s about the same argument with abortion and contraception. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not always trying to convert his mind everyday. Very seldom does the subject pop up. And most of the time, I don’t even bother because he doesn’t care.

Thank you!

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

It’s not just your friend. A lot of people are in this very same boat. I see how a few short generations ago, most people in my family prayed the rosary together. Then, the next generation, fewer. Now, my generation…almost nobody in my family seems to! At least I’m happy you are trying to stay strong, praying and coming on the forum to ask for reinforcements! God bless!

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :bible1:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Praying that the Lord may guide your friend to the Truth.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

May the Lord soften your friends heart as he did mine when I would say the same things many years ago. May you always be his friend. May you love and accept your friend as the Lord does for him.

Amen.

Faithful Shepherd, You are not a hireling who runs away at the sight of danger, but Your fidelity was tested and proved on the wood of the Cross. Accept the gift of our gratitude for Your marvelous care. Help us to hear and follow Your Voice.

Watchful Shepherd, Who protects the flock and searches tirelessly for those who wander from the fold, retrieve the lost and bring them home. Tend and heal their wounds.

Good Shepherd, Who lays down His Life for His sheep, nourish Your people with the Bread of Life, that we may reflect Your likeness and enjoy the spring of Living Water that never ends.
Amen.

I just said a prayer for your friend. God bless you.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.