Pray for my grieving uncle

Two weeks ago my uncle, his brother and sister lost their other sister, a Catholic nun who was in service to the church for over 50 years. My uncle was particularly close with this sister, who was also a great spiritual advisor and comfort to him throughout his life. All of the children in the family were close throughout their young and adult lives, particularly as they lost their parents young.

Overnight, my uncle’s brother also unexpectedly passed away. He had been out fishing yesterday, suffered some chest pains and went for medical attention but all the tests came out clean and he was permitted to return to his vacation. He apparently died of a heart attack overnight. These two losses of both his brother and sister within two weeks have devastated my uncle, who prizes family above all. I will greatly appreciate your prayers on his behalf, and on behalf of all who are grieving the loss of loved ones.

Thank you.

Glory be to The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be
World without end
Amen

Lord, please heal the broken heart of Formerlysure’s uncle. May he love you with all his heart, mind, soul and strength and draw great strength from his relationship with you. May his faith pull him through this painful time. Help him to persevere and keep faithful to you. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed
is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

Jesus have mercy on this Uncle dealing with the loss of two loved siblings.
Please guard the health of his mind, body, and soul as he processes his great losses.
Please wrap him in Your love.
Please also protect the hearts, minds, and souls of each member of the family.
Thank You, Jesus.
Please welcome the souls of the deceased Aunt and Uncle into Your merciful love.

Praying for your uncle and his family …

amen and amen.

I will remember your uncle and his siblings in my prayers this evening. May the Lord comfort your uncle in his time of grief and wrap him in His Divine Love. And may the Lord welcome your uncle’s brother and sister into His Kingdom.

Amen!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.