Pray for Obama

I hate to say it but, the People have spoken…I wish I could agree with the nation. Yet, from what I read on many of these boards we are being very unchristian and not living up to Jesus’ call to love our enemy (if that is how you view Obama). Yes it is hard.

I ask the Lord to guide all the Faithful to open our hearts to the love of God. I pray for this Nation and for its new leader. I pray that his heart be opened to the Lord’s will. I pray for the strength to continue the prayers that have begun this day.

The world is not over. Since when do we loose hope? Never loose hope when you are with God. I pray for the faith of all people in the nation and around the world that we may all become more faithful to God in the days, weeks, months and years to come. I pray that the problems and attacks that we face may be faced with trust in the Lord and belief in His Will!

I ask all of us to not give up hope…continue to fight for life and continue to fight for God. But remember to fight through good will, good actions, and love! Love can defeat any evil. I pray that we never forget to love!

May God Bless us all!:crossrc: :gopray:

I know people are disappointed, this is not a time to turn on each other. It is a time to strengthen our trust and faith in the Lord.

Is it possible this is God’s will? Is it possible God, who knows all things, knew something about this election we could not know? Is it possible that we showed a lack of faith in the Lord by placing too much faith in “men”? We cannot understand the mind of the Lord and we do not know His plan, but we know he knows our needs…

**Mat 6:8 Be not you therefore like to them for your Father knoweth what is needful for you, before you ask him.
Mat 6:9 Thus therefore shall you pray: Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11 Give us this day our supersubstantial bread.
Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we also forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation. But deliver us from evil. Amen. **

**Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches of the wisdom and of the knowledge of God! How incomprehensible are his judgments, and how unsearchable his ways!
Rom 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? Or who hath been his counsellor?
Rom 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and recompense shall be made him?
Rom 11:36 For of him, and by him, and in him, are all things: to him be glory for ever. Amen. **

We should never stop praying for all people of influence.

God Bless,

Amen!

Don’t give up the war for a battle lost. It is a call to become stronger in our faith. We need to support and encourage our fellow Catholics, and the CLERGY, too!

Let’s pray for God’s hand to be in all our countries’ affairs.

Now we must be sure we are all in line with God, in His grace and be living examples of His word!

Our actions can bring glory and followers to Christ.

We do need to pray that God will turn the hearts of Obama and all the newly elected officials to see the beauty and dignity of life and the GOOD impact they can have on humanity.

God Bless everyone and their families to stay strong in the Lord and put on our “armour” as the Bible tells us.

Fight the Good Fight!

God called us to give witness in this election and we did. I know God’s merciful hand guides us but right now I am at a loss other than to know we must now give witness to the unborn who need us more than ever.

Dear Lord,

Help our new leader, bless his soul, whether or not we voted for him or not, and help him find his way through the trials that he undoubtedly going through in the next four years.

Almighty God, please also help the American people elect a Republican in 2012.

Amen

Oh Lord, please bless and protect Barack Obama and his family.

I am trying to be optimistic, but many have come out behind, not just Republicans but the unborn and even the newly born. I am truly saddened by the careless handling of free will by the American people, we have sold our souls.

But this is a time in history for us Catholics to get stronger, and we will be put to the test, and I believe that the wheat and the chaff is going to be separated in our parishes in America, we will be faced with decisions as Catholic to fight the good fight or openly deny God.

Fr. Carapi one time made the statement that “the greatest threat to national Security is not terrorism, but it is immorality.” I agree, and I shutter now more than ever. Pray for God’s mercy!

Our freedom of speech is going to be under assult like never before. This wonderful forum may not survive under government filtering in the near future. We are facing some serious change, Obama was not lieing about that.

Last week I asked a very holy priest how I should handle my despair the day after the election if Obama win.

He responded–

Christ said that the gates of hell shall not pervail against it–meaning the Church. Looking at history, countries, societies, and governments have all failed but Jesus and His Church have and will continue. In the end that is all that matters.

Right now I am doing my best not to just throw in the towel for I and many others have prayed and worked so hard for life and this is the “thanks” we get!

I do pray for Obama. First of all, I pray that he does not keep his campaign promises regarding FOCA and other life issues. I also pray he has a change of heart.

Micki

Almighty God,
I am deeply sorry for the sins of Americans. Especially the sins of Christians who know better by your grace.
Please do what you have to do to get the United States back on the path to righteousness.
Please bless our leader, Pope Benedict.
Amen
P.S. Please help that one guy to not destroy our beloved nation.

Heavenly Father:

If it be your will, fill the heart of Obama with your Holy Spirit and guide him through the difficult times ahead. May we as Christians stand up for what is right even if we are scorned and rebuked by the culture in which we live. Strengthen our resolve to fight for the changes in our society and around the world that will bring mankind back to the moral path you would have us travel. Please forgive our Nation for the egregious sins we have committed and continue to commit.

In Christ’s name we pray;
Amen

1957 Kerala was the first state to elect a communist form of government. They presumed a lot at that time (the communists I mean) and the Catholics were fearful for a lot of things. Praise be Jesus we Catholics are going stronger than ever. :thumbsup:

I think Jesus would want us to pray for Mr Obama. And I for one will. He’ll need our prayers not our criticism. Let us be powerful witnesses to our faith by praying for our newly elected leader.

Kathy

Fairness doctrine legislation will put and end to this website.

Conservative Talk radio will disappear.

Hunters will be allowed to hunt but they will have to keep their rifles at the police station for checkout come hunting day.

Christian Doctors will lose their licenses (or go to jail) for refusing to do abortions…or even refer for abortions.

EWTN will be pulled off the air due to nationalization of Television and airwaves. (just like in Canada)

Priests will risk going to jail for talking about certain moral issues.

Mark my word…the socialization of America will lead to people either abandoning their faith or being persecuted.

Bank On it.

It is Going to be very hard to be a Christian in the very very near future.

I agree that Obama needs prayers. Pray for his protection and the gift of right thinking. Pray not only for him but also for his associates and friends. Pray for our nation as you have never prayed before. Pray for those in congress who profess to be Catholic but who support the slaughter of innocents. Pray that God’s will be done for us as a nation. I fear the times that are ahead. I pray for the innocent unborn. Also, pray for the intercession of all aborted babies for us, that as a nation we may be the true beacon of hope for the world and accept the gospel of life and reject the culture of death which has killed them. These are powerful intercessors. Pray for them and with them.
Prayers & blessings
Deacon Ed B

Joining you all in prayer for the protection and sanctification of our still-great country.

Praying for our nation, that our sins will not be held against us. That the Lord, in His great mercy, will turn the tide of immorality in this country.

Praying for Catholics and all Christians, that we will have the moral courage and fortitude to stand for truth and oppose evil, even when it is not popular. Praying for doctors and other health care workers of principle, that they will have the courage (and support from their fellow Christians) to stand against abortion…even if it means their licenses. I say this as the wife of a future Catholic doctor and as the daughter of a registered nurse, neither of whom will aid the murder of innocents.

Praying that our worst fears are for naught and that we will continue to enjoy the freedoms we have held dear for so long. But I am also praying that, if we are called to suffer, we will accept our crosses with joy and unite our sufferings to Christ’s.

Praying for Mr. Obama that God, in His great mercy, will draw him to Himself. That the Lord will touch Mr. Obama’s heart with His truth. That He Himself will guide Mr. Obama’s decisions and plans for this country.

Remember, Saul of Tarsus was perhaps the greatest persecuter of the early Church in Jerusalem. Acts 9:1-6 describes his conversion:
“Now Saul, still breathing murderous threats against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, that, if he should find any men or women who belonged to the Way, he might bring them back to Jerusalem in chains. On his journey, as he was nearing Damascus, a light from the sky suddenly flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?’ He said, ‘Who are you, sir?’ The reply came, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. Now get up and go into the city and you will be told what you must do.’”

Of course, Saul of Tarsus became St. Paul, the apostle. If the Lord Jesus can change Saul of Tarsus into St. Paul, can He not change the heart of Mr. Obama?

I am asking for St. Paul’s intercession in this matter, as well as St. Michael the Archangel’s intercession and help against evil.

Praying for the conversion of Obama that he be educated in his soul and mind about how evil abortion is and that he turn away from his support of it.

Please, Lord, do NOT let him pass the “Freedom of Choice Act.”

Praying for the innocent unborn and the Obama will have a change of heart! I don’t know how anyone could support partial birth abortion or deny medical treatment to a baby that survived an abortion. Abortion is evil and unjust. Where is the child’s right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness being protected?

I have been praying. Will continue to do so.

God, bless America. God, forgive America. God bring America to You. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

St Paul, pray for us. St. Michael the archangel, pray for us.

It occurs to me that although we may realize the sins against life that are all too rampant in our culture (praise God for that grace), that we are ripe for devolving into the sin of self-righteousness and of feeling holier-than-thou toward our fellow Americans.:eek:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.