Pray for old friend

I just found out that my old friend from high school divorced her husband of 2 years. She is non-Catholic, but I still want to request prayers for her. She’s had a difficult life, and I’m worried about her. I trust God will tell her what to do if she opens her heart to Him. :slight_smile:

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Almighty God, our heavenly Father, who settest the solitary
in families: We commend to thy continual care the homes in
which thy people dwell. Put far from them, we beseech thee,
every root of bitterness, the desire of vainglory, and the pride
of life. Fill them with faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance,
patience, godliness. Knit together in constant affection those
who, in holy wedlock, have been made one flesh. Turn the
hearts of the parents to the children, and the hearts of the
children to the parents; and so enkindle fervent charity among
us all, that we may evermore be kindly affectioned one
to another; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with you,
Blessed are you among women,
And Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

What is the saddest part of this is that in the eyes of the Church, they were not married because the man was divorced and did not have an annulment. That doesn’t make it any less difficult emotionally, though. And, there were children involved. I haven’t been in touch with her in a long time, but she was one of my best friends in high school, so naturally, I am very concerned for her mental health. I just pray to God that she will be ok.

*Lord God, Who has graciously chosen Saint Dymphna to be the patroness of those afflicted with mental and nervous disorders, and has caused her to be an inspiration and a symbol of charity to the thousands who invoke her intercession, grant through the prayers of this pure, youthful martyr, relief and consolation to all who suffer from these disturbances, and especially to those for whom we now pray–including my friend and her family.

We beg You to accept and grant the prayers of Saint Dymphna on our behalf. Grant to those we have particularly recommended patience in their sufferings and resignation to Your Divine Will. Fill them with hope and, if it is according to Your Divine Plan, bestow upon them the cure they so earnestly desire. Grant this through Christ Our Lord. Amen. *

:crossrc:

Dear Lord, please help this poor woman suffering from poor past decisions to make the right decision and seek You and seek perfect reconciliation with Your Son, Jesus. May her heart be warmed and filled with Your love and may she be converted into a blessed woman with a good clean heart with holy love for her children and filled with lvoing forgiveness for all the people in her past who have hurt her. Make her a saint and give her friends to help her along her pathway to holiness. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Lord, we lift our intentions up on behalf of the friend of LilFranciscan25, and ask for your mercy, strength, courage, and the presence of your comforting and consoling Holy Spirit:

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners

Amen.

Praying hard.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Lord, we lift our intentions up on behalf of the friend of LilFranciscan25, and ask for your mercy, strength, courage, and the presence of your comforting and consoling Holy Spirit:

Amen.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.