Pray for our Parishes

Across the country there has been Catholic Churches and Schools closing forever.

Our small rural churches were built by Irish, Italian and other immigrants who faced severe religious and racial dicrimination. We pray for those making final decisions that they won’t close any of these parishes down. “When you lose a church or school, you lose a village.”

"Let us more and more insist on raising funds of love, of kindness, of understanding, of peace. Money will come if we seek first the Kingdom of God - the rest will be given."
Mother Teresa of Calcutta, India

I feel sad…most of the planning initiative was about finances and money. It lacked spirituality.

:gopray:

I pray for your situation. Indeed, we are all touched by this and my diocese is currently undergoing restructuring which is resulting in many closings and mergers.

Lord, hear our prayer.

There is nothing:( sadder than the closing of a church!
:gopray: :gopray: :gopray:

Thanks to everyone. …I will pray for your husband zzooey.

In regards to “truth” What happens if a particular priest isn’t telling the truth in regards to the Parish planning…it is soo complicated.

I am so upset and confused. Mostly by this particular priest’s actions and lack of truth. He sometime doesn’t have kind things to say about other people and priests…

I’m lost and hurting. And i feel angry. Is it ok to feel t his way? I been working real hard on trying to forgive this priest and be nice…he always ruins it by his actions.

He is not nice to the other priest stationed with him.
i don’t want to do anything sinful…is there anything I can do?

I kind of understand things a little better…thank you for your prayers.

Sometimes you have to leave it in God’s hands. And certain things in regards to a particular Diocese is just the way things are. All I can do is pray. I finally learned that my actions were truthful and not sinful. I am happy about that. Thank you for your prayers. :smiley:

I also learned today that even the saints struggle with things…
A saint I ain’t but it was good to know I’m not the only one. St. Therese often was harassed by one of her peers. St Therese always responded with kind words. I guess the old saying killem with kindness.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.