Pray for priest who took leave of absence and for his congregation

Please pray for a priest I know who has suddenly and abruptly taken a leave of absence, and for his congregation.

It was announced that the priest had requested a leave to deal with some personal problems, that he would not be back for the foreseeable future, and that this was not a legal issue and that prayers were requested.

I pray for this priest that his time away gives him the time he needs to deal with personal issues. Priests are people as well with personal issues.

May God grant him resolution to any issues that are troubling him.

God bless our priests.

Prayer by Pope Benedict XVI

Lord Jesus Christ, Eternal High Priest:
You offered Yourself to the Father on the Altar of the Cross
and through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit gave Your priestly
people a share in Your redeeming sacrifice. Hear our prayers
for the sanctification of our priests. Grant that all who are
ordained to the ministerial priesthood may be ever more
conformed to you, the Divine Master.

May they preach the Gospel with pure heart and clear
conscience.Let them be shepherds according to Your
Own Heart, single-minded in service to you and to
the Church, and shining examples of a holy, simple, and
joyful life. Through the prayers of the Blessed Virgin
Mary, your Mother and ours, draw all priests and the
flocks entrusted to their care to the fullness of eternal
life where you live and reign with the Father and the Holy
Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Heavenly Father. OMNIPOTENT GOD, send angels from heaven to protect him on his journey. St. Michael protect him from the snares of the devil. Holy Spirit Comfort Him in his trial. Bring Blessed Assurance to his troubled heart. Let him find You, Jesus, every corner that he turns. Forgive him his sins and pour your mercy down on him.
Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on him.
Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on him.
Melt him, mold him, fill him. Use him.
Spirit of the living God fall afresh on him.
Blessed Mother pray for him.
In Jesus name
Amen

Beloved Lord, please gently heal Your priest, who has probably delayed his personal recovery for a long time, not wanting to abandon his parishioners.
Hold him in Your heart, and bless him with all the graces, guidance, and kind support that he needs.

Lord, please bless his people, lead them, guide and protect them.

Mother Mary we request your urgent intercession for this priest, and for all in his situation,
And for their flocks

I’m praying for this beloved priest, that God may be his strength, his comforter, and his rock.
Dear Lord, lift him up with your mighty hands.

Prayer for a Priest

O Jesus, our great High Priest, hear my humble prayers on behalf of this priest I mentioned above.
Give him a deep faith, a bright and firm hope and a burning love which will ever increase in the course of his priestly life.

Especially, please give him the strength to deal with his personal issues and also give him all the help he needs during this challenging time for him, so that he can eventually return to active service of You as an even better priest.

In his loneliness, comfort him; in his sorrows, strengthen him; in his frustrations, point out to him that it is through suffering that the soul is purified; and show him that he is needed by the Church, he is needed by souls, he is needed for the work of redemption.

O loving Mother Mary, Mother of Priests, take to your heart your son who is close to you because of his priestly ordination, and because of the power that he has received to carry on the work of Christ in a world that needs him so much.

Be his comfort, be his joy, be his strength, and especially help him to live and to defend the ideals of consecrated celibacy.

I pray also for the priest’s congregation and for the other priest(s) who have been called in to substitute, that they all can carry on the active Catholic life of this very busy flock despite the sudden departure of their popular shepherd. Dear Blessed Mother, please pray for them also.

In Jesus’ Name I humbly pray.
St. Joseph and St. John Vianney, please intercede for these intentions.
Thank you.
Amen.

Praying for health of his body, mind and soul.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed art Thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of Thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

Praying for your intention

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

praying for this priest to be able to resolve his personal problems during his leave of absence and return to his parish renewed.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death, Amen

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (Tis_Bearself’s priest), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (Tis_Bearself’s priest), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.