Pray for rain

Please pray that we get some rain. Trees are dying, the river is lower than ever and things are getting bad. We need rain SO much!!

I wish I had rain to send you…I live in the desert!

But I will pray that rain gets sent your way!

God Bless,

Barbara

O God, in Whom we live and move, and have our being, grant us rain, in due abundance, that, being sufficiently helped with temporal, we may the more confidently seek after eternal gifts. Through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

St. Isidore, pray for us

I’m still praying for you all!! We have gotten some rain in Alabama and still need much more… FATHER, Please send rain to the South… Especially Kentucky and Tennessee…In Jesus Name I pray… AMEN

since i know what its like to suffer from an endless heatwave, i pray to the Father in heaven that He grants you some relief from the heat!

asking this in the name of Your dear Son, Father, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.:gopray2:

Lord, please open the heavens and send the cool, gentle rains that so many people are in need of today. Please rain down Your blessings on all those in need. Amen.

Us, too. Our streams are low, the cattle on the pasture next to me are having trouble because the stream they drink from is low. All our grass is dead, and we are spending tons of money to keep watering our new trees.

Dear Heavenly mother, please attend to Biblioassistant fears and anxieties. And if it is the will of the Father, let rain fall on his land, and even if not, just on Biblioassistant so that he can know that you are all powerful and all things are in your will and for our good. Please let Biblioassistant life be rained apon with abundant graces and let his land be wet and healed.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, The Lord is with you!
Blessed are thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of they womb Jesus!
Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners, Now and at the hour of our death Amen!

Love,

Blue Knight

O Mother of Perpetual Help, please ask your son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, to grant His people in moderate quantities to not endanger them but to give them reprieve from heat. Imagine O Mother the souls who suffer so eternally!!! Mary please hear the cries of your people and ask this on our behalf. Amen.

Praying for rain…

Merciful Lord, may the dryness of the land and river recall the spiritual dryness your beloved son felt while on the cross, paying the price of our sin. Though we remain sinners, graciously hear our prayers for the river, for the rain, and for those whose spiritual lives are dry. We ask this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Praying for rain…

We are also experiencing a now 7, going on 8 year draught. The Salina diocese performed a novena to St. Isadore and Salina was flooded and they quit praying…we are still dry. We’ve learned to ask for needed moisture. It’s been going on so long…we’ve had to develop a sense of humor about it.

In that vein, I offer this written in the 30’s by William Allen White–obviously not a farmer.

O Lord, In thy mercy grant us rain and by that we don’t mean a shower. We want to go out and watch the lightning rip across the southwestern sky in hot blue forks as the fat clouds roll in on us. We want to hurry home to close the house with the first fat drops the size of marbles, on a suddenly rising wind, chasing us and plunking the car hood. We want to scramble all over the house just as the first sheets decend, frantically slamming down windows.

O Lord of Hosts, we want to look out of the windows and watch the regiments of close-packed raindrops march diagonally down. We want to hear the gurgle of the gutters under the eaves, and then the sputter of the downspout. O God of Israel, Isaac, and Jacob, let it come down so hard, let the drops dance so high that the streets and sidewalks seem covered with a six inch fog of spatter-drops. Then let it just keep up for a while, and then begin to taper off, and then turn right around a get a lot worse, swishing, pounding, splattering, pouring, drenching, the thunder coming-crackity-BAM–and the lightening flashing so fast and furious you can’t tell which flash goes with which peal of thunder, so that all the women will get scared and climb on top of the beds and scream at you not to get too close to that window.

And then O Zealous God, repeat the whole act about three times, and in the middle of the second time we will climb the attic stairs and put the wash pan under the tiny leak in the roof which usually you can’t even notice in an ordinary rain. And after a couple of hours kind of taper it down, o Lord, to a good stady rain–not a drizzle, but a businesslike one that keeps up until just about dawn and then spits a few drops occasionally during the morning from a gray sky.

Kansas is indeed the Promised Land, O Lord and if it gets a break it will flow with milk and honey. But we can’t live much longer on promises. So in Thine own way and Thine own time, make up Thy mind, O Lord, and we will bow before Thy judgement, and praise Thy everlasting name. Amen.

Praying…Hail Mary…

Praying.

J†M†J
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God Bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

Praying…

Lord, please hear the prayers of the many faithful to you in these states and open the doors of heaven to provide rain without floods. We trust Your faithful promises and look to you. In the meantime, work Your purposes, as the drought when the temple was to be built in Haggai, that ones will be concerned with the things of God and not themselves. Humble our nation that our land may be healed. Bring out leaders to their knees. Have mercy through Your gracious gift, Almighty Lord and our Savior Jesus Christ.

:gopray2:

Please, Lord, let rain fall where it is needed, help those whose lands are dying from drought. Mary, pray for them. Jesus, help them. :byzsoc:

**Father, you know how much we need the rain.
Our crops have died,
Our businesses have suffered,
Our grass is brown,
Our flowers did not bloom.
Our rivers and lakes are drying up.

Father, we trust in you to
bring the much needed water
to our soil.
Our faith is in You.
Our hope is in You.
Our love is for You.
Our wish is for your will to be done.

AMEN **

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.