Pray for the Addicted

Please help myself and residents at Victoria House in Erie, PA. We are an independent “recovery house” for persons breaking free from alcohol and drug addiction and have been drained of all resources fighting the local government for the right to operate under restrictions set out in the local zoning ordinance. Many wonderful people have put their time, effort and devotion into making this house a reality and I thank those that are and ask for others to keep us in your prayers, that the August 25th hearing be the last and we can all have peace in knowing that God is doing for us what we cannot do for ourselves. Pray for all afflicted by the curse of addiction, that they know people care, that the shame be taken, that God may intercede in our and their lives and that people of Faith have a spirit of compassion that transcends worldly stigmas.:knight1:

PRAYER FOR THE ADDICTED

God of mercy, we bless You in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, who ministered to all who come to Him. Give Your strength to N., Your servant, bound by the chains of addiction. Enfold himlher in Your love and restore himlher to the freedom of God’s children. Lord, look with compassion on all those who have lost their health and freedom. Restore to them the assurance of Your unfailing mercy, and strengthen them in the work of recovery. To those who care for them, grant patient understanding and a love that perseveres. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

PATRON SAINT AGAINST DRUG ADDICTIONS

Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe
(1894 - 1941)

Pope Benedict XVI to drug dealers:
“Human dignity cannot be trampled upon in this way.
God will call you to account for your deeds.”

Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe Patron Saint Against Drug AddictionOur Lady appeared to Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe and showed Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe two crowns; one white representing purity, and one red representing martyrdom. Our Lady asked Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe if he wanted them, and he replied, “Yes.”

At 16, Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe entered the Franciscan monastery in Lviv, which is now in the Ukraine, but was a part of Poland at that time, and he was ordained a priest at age 24. In 1939, the Nazis conquered Poland and arrested Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe and his friars releasing them on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.

In 1941, Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe was again arrested by the Nazis and this time was sent to Auschwitz for three months where he was severely beaten.

A prisoner escaped from Auschwitz, and the commandant announced that ten prisioners would die as punishment for the escaped prisoner. Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe, Number 16670, was not selected to die by the commandant but stepped forward and asked to take the place of a man who had a wife and children. The commandant agreed to the exchange.

Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe and the other nine were placed on death block without clothes and in the dark, for the slow and painful death of starvation. One by one the prisoners died, but when four remained, including Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe, who had almost no flesh on his bones, the jailer appeared with a hypodermic needle filled with carbolic acid which is an alcoholic, corrosive, poison used in insecticides. For this reason, Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe is known as the Patron Saint Against Drug Addiction.

Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe was beatified in 1971 and canonized in 1982.

Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe feast day is August 14.

First welcome to CAF.I will be praying for you intensions.May our Lord grant you streangth,courage and the Grace you need.I will also pray for your families.

PSALM 130*
Prayer for Pardon and Mercy

I.
Out of the depths I call to you, Lord;
2. Lord hear my cry !
May your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.
3.If you, Lord, mark our sins,
Lord,who can stand?
4. But with you is forgiveness
and so you are revered.
II.
5 I wait with longing for the Lord,
my soul waits for his word.
6. My soul looks for the Lord
more than sentinels for daybreak.
7. More than sentinels for daybreak,
let Israel look for the Lord,
For with the Lord is kindness,
with him is full redemption,
8. And God will redeem Israel
from all their sins.:slight_smile:

May God guide those with addiction to the right path, and to a full recovery, Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you all for your prayers. It means much. Not only do your prayers give strength and guidance but some of the posts are fantastic teaching resources. I have learned heaps since joining this forum. God bless you all.:slight_smile:

:harp: Saint Maximillian M. Kolbe’s story could so easily have been lost in time especially at a time when so much death the norm. What’s so incredible about him and his canonization is the fact that it was such a small act, one that in all reality, was a humble and noble sacrifice, yet God has used his simple acceptance, without knowledge of how large or small his decision would impact himself and the Church, to provide an example of such mercy, selflessness and hope to all the world especially to those whom feel hopelessly condemned to death, too tired, tortured and broken to offer resistance to a master that knows only death. What a powerful reminder of the selflessness of Christ being shown through an ordinary person that exemplifies not just the single act, but what the life of a Saint truly is.
God Bless.

Lord Jesus, I pray for those that have addictions of all detrimental kinds. I pray that these suffering people know that you will never abandon them, and that the guardian angel who has been by their sides since conception, wants each individual to feel their love and compassion. May they all place all of their hurt, anger and suffering into your almighty hands. Amen.

St Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. Rebuke him O Lord, we suppliantly beseech Thee, and do Thou O Prince of the heavenly Host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all of the evil spirits who roam through the world, seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Most Sacred of Jesus, have mercy on us. <–Three times

Holy Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and
snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God
cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who wander
through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

I will keep you in prayer and Mass. God bless you all for your generous response to God’s grace. I beg the Lord to continue to radically help all of you, and to lead you into happy, free, and secure futures.
May God bless each of you. :slight_smile:

Praying hard.

Thank You for your Prayers, will dedicate today’s Rosary to the Immaculate Heart. God Bless You.
“There is no Greater Beautifier of Complexion, or Form, or Behaviour than the Wish to Scatter Joy and not Pain Around Us”. ~Ralph Waldorf Emerson~

Praying for those saddled with such a heavy burden.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art
thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Continuing to pray.

Dear Jesus, I appeal to You for grace to relinquish my fearful grip, releasing to You the full extent of my bondage. Will You lift this burden with its splinters of lack of charity and trust? I offer the grief of a soul betrayed by itself, in plea for Your forgiveness, healing and for my freedom to love You above all and others as myself, in harmony with Your will.

You know me in my human vulnerability and perfidy, my striving and hope—for You love each person with such depth that I flickeringly suspect its intensity and intimacy. If only I believed, understood and reciprocated! Please accept the teared jewel of this fragile communion of my desire with Yours. Please so draw me into Your love that it is revealed through me in glory and wonder!

You emptied Yourself to become subject to human limitation and suffering. You struggled against ignorance and selfishness, against dullness of spirit and mind in others, battling unto death the powers of evil for our sakes. Battle thus within me also, Jesus, defeating in each moment of my life the power of sin [and addiction.]

With Your flooding love, please drown my protests, pacify my fears and raise me from anxiety regarding pain, grief, disgrace, loss and abandonment. Live in me the cheerful, creative dedication owed to the duties of my vocation and relationships. As gift to the Trinity, allow me to share fully in the great love You consummate for us. Thank You for the privilege to follow Your path all my life, then to share in Your eternal life with all my family, and friends.

“He who rejects discipline despises his own self; he who listens to correction wins discernment.” [Proverbs 15:33]

For healing of the addicted:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Amen.

Thanks to all for your prayers, they are working. My Lawyer walked away from the case five days before the Hearing that we have next week which, had everyone rather worried. Thankfully, in less than twenty four hours, I got a call from a lawyer that I had hoped would take the case on months ago! I’m meeting with him today. God knows what we need and is arranging it before we even have to ask. Praise God. Please keep praying for everyone afflicted by drugs and alcohol, that they may receive Grace and Mercy, that people soften their hearts that they may be of service and that hope may come into everyone’s life through God.

Father we implore You to free people from addictions that damage and ruin lives of the addicted, and cause great grief to their families. In the name of Jesus, please grant our prayers.their families.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits
who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.