Pray for the Chaldean Catholic Church in Iraq!

The Chaldean Catholic Church is suffering really bad in Iraq due to harassment from Muslims bombing and burning down there churches, murdering etc.

Pray that the Chaldean Church will be able to practice Catholicism in peace one day with out harassment.

Did you know most Chaldean Catholics have to have mass underground and have guards looking out for Muslim attacks?

Please pray for the Chaldean Church!

Our Father,
Who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our Daily Bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil
AMEN.

Hail Mary
Full of grace, The Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women, and Blessed is the fruit of Your Womb
JESUS.
Holy Mary Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the end of our death

Amen

In the early years of the post 9/11 era, I lived in the metro-Detroit area, a geographic center for Chaldean Catholics in th US. As their church was in close proximity to mine, our clergy were well acquainted and I got to know that community fairly well. Very devout, upright people, many of whom were know to be quite successful in the local business community. Police assistance was routinely required for traffic control on normal Sundays, let alone major feasts - a thriving community on all counts, with a beautiful church.

I had heard on numerous occasion of the atrocious conditions being reported from family still in Iraq, especially after the fall of Saddam Hussein, who apparently was quite tolerant and overtly supportive of this community. In fact, it was well known in town that Saddam Hussein had personally donated monies in support of this religious community in the US, and was even given a ceremonial key to the city of Detroit in recognition in 1980.

That said, other factions wasted no time after his demise to attack this devout Catholic community in their homeland, ironically nestled in the so-called “cradle of civilization”.

We do continue to pray for our fellow Catholics in that troubled country and throughout the Middle East, and hope the independent government in Iraq can adequately protect them and other citizens who are persecuted unjustly by factions of the majority populations.

One of the casualties of the post-Saddam era in Iraq. Many US citizens do not realize this but Saddam brought some stability to the region during his reign. Also it helped that one of his top aides was Chaldean Catholic. But in all these revolutions happening in the Middle East today, the Christians of the area are the first to suffer.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

St. Jude, pray for us!

I’m going to pray to St. Francis for the safety of all Arab Christians: St. Francis was able to intercede during his life with the “Saracens” and bring about peace.

We who are blessed to live in a country that is relatively free of religious persecution of any kind, and where Christians are in the majority, forget that there are still martyrs for the Christian faith in many places on the globe. In fact, the majority of victims of religious persecution in the world are being persecuted for being Christians. I pray every day for them.

It was not long ago that Catholics suffered persecution in the USA. Such events are mercifully rare in the 21st Century. We as Catholics need to be as one with our brethren throughout the world, and pray, and work for them, and for all who suffer for the sake of their consciences. We must also pray for those who persecute them, that they too will see the Light of Him, who suffered and died that all might be reconciled to the Father.

I, too, live in the Detroit area, where Chaldeans are a large, and important part of the Catholic community. I know many who attend Latin Rite churches, including my own. We need remember that that very church was once burned-down by Protestants, who feared having a Catholic church in their community.

Keep the faith, brothers, and sisters; the Kingdom of God is at hand.

I’m going to pray to Saint.Rafqa who was a Middle Eastern Catholic ( Maronite Rite ) and she’s also my favorite! When there was war and Muslim Terrorist she would get children and people and hide them under her robe ( she was a nun )

Hopefully she can also protect the Christians suffering out in Iraq.

**Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen. **

Yes, and much of it had to do with Tariq Aziz (né George Youhannon), himself a Chaldean. And of course, despite his having turned “state’s evidence” against the excesses of the former regime, he’s scheduled for execution.

And his demise was the result of US meddling, which itself was under false pretenses, including the ruse of “bringing democracy” … oh please. Did it mean anything more than to ensure the flow of oil? The whole thing makes me want to barf. :mad:

It seems to me that the “independent” government isn’t really all that independent.

I live in Metro detroit, and there are two Chaldean parishes within 6 miles of my house.
I take my children to Divine Liturgy to one of those parishes every once and awhile ( just so they are familiar with the East)

Yes, please pray for them and for their family members still in Iraq

FYI, we have a Chaldean SubDeacon at our Latin parish. He and his wife migrated to the US quite a number of years ago, but to a state with no Chaldean parishes. His children grew up associating more with the Latin chuch. The family contintued to practice as Latins, even when they moved to metro Detroit.

With the permission of both bishops, he assists at Mass as Reader and EMHC, vested in alb and stole.

Juliana Taimoorazy, herself a refugee from Iran, of the Iraqi Christian Relief Council appeared again on Fr. Loya’s Light of the East program, as she does a number of times each year, shortly after the Dec 2 attacks in northern Iraq, formerly the “safe” zone.

The Light Of The East Program #377: Light and Darkness From the Land of the Bible December 13, 2011

As you can hear in these two audio clips she’s a compelling speaker on the plight of Christians in Iraq. Consider bringing her to your community to speak.

Obviously a nerve was struck. I’m no fan of what transpired in Iraq, nor can any American be content with the outcomes, here or there. The reprecussions will last well into future generations …

But that’s not the point!

We now have yet another Christian community in the Middle East under attack.

Should we not pray for them?

Our Father,
Who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our Daily Bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil
AMEN.

That nerve was struck long ago. :wink:

Ah, but I think it is just that.

Yes, indeed, yet another native Christian community in the Middle East under siege. But it’s been that way since the 8th century. Earthly weapons (including what was wrought starting in 2003), have only succeeded worsening (exponentially) what was already a horrible situation. And not only in Iraq.

Prayer is the only weapon. :signofcross:

Not in Iraq. It is understood that this community was fairly well protected under the prior regime. Now, they are not. Are we not in agreement?

And yes, they are now part of that not so exclusive group of historically persecuted Christians in the Middle East. We pray for ALL of them!

That is the point! Amen!

P.S. We’re on the same side, my friend!

BTW - I understand your sensitivity, as I’ve been tracking the situation in other Middle Eastern countries, including Syria. And yes, the induced upheaval in Iraq contributed greatly to conditions there. It is all most disconcerting, to say the least!

The world is turning upside down over there in many respects. We have a Greek monastic from Mt. Athos being arrested for questionable real estate transactions with the government, yet the politicians involved remain free. The Syrian and Lebanese conditions are tied together, and the situation remains unstable and dangerous to Christian communities. And then there is Egypt.

Again, we pray for all of them! Lest we forget these are the very lands where Christianity began to flourish!

Maronite Rosary,

I have felt so bad about what Muslims are doing to the Chaldean Catholics ever since I saw it reported on realcatholictv.com on their Nov. 1 news when Bishop Yousif Habash said that Eastern Catholics are “prepared to lose everything” but their faith and love of Jesus.

Is there anything, in addition to prayer and writing letters to congressmen, that we in the West can do to help our fellow Catholics in Iraq? Is there any way to get them out of there??
What else can we do to help them? I’m sick at heart about this!

:frowning:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I will include Chaldeans in my prayers

May The Lord Have Mercy on them , and use them for his Glory

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.