Pray for the depressed and desperate

Today I heard someone die. I was in my apartment with the balcony doors open and I heard a very loud thud followed by a man screaming. I thought it was a car crash but couldn’t really see anything. I later found out that a girl had jumped out of her balcony and fell to her death. I am very shook up about this and can’t get the noise I heard out of my head.

Please pray for the soul of this poor girl and her family. Also pray for all of those that are suffering so much that they would consider doing this :frowning:

Stanncie, please make sure you’re okay.
I’m concerned. Please talk to you priest, anything, if you feel you need to.
This is a dreadful experience.

Loving God please help Stanncie to process and recover from the horror.
Hold Stanncie tenderly and heal the sounds and the knowledge with Your love.
Please also help that poor neighbour to cope with the horror he has following this girl’s probable suicide before his eyes. Sorround them both with Your Angels

I’ll pray about the rest of it in a few minutes, in the meantime, please take care of yourself in God’s love and mercy.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Short Responsory

Christ, son of the living God, take pity on us.
– Christ, son of the living God, take pity on us.
You are seated at the right hand of the Father.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

I said a prayer for you, the girl and her family. Try not to dwell on it, however difficult this may be. Talk to your priest. In this sad time focus on our loving Lord, He has you in His hands and heart. God Bless you.

Father, in Jesus’ name, please save the sanity of the man in the apartment from which the girl (appears to have) jumped.
Please don’t let his life be ruined by this terrible unchangeable act.
To jump in front of someone, out of anger, desperation or depression, giving no chance of rescue or retrieval, or for the situation to be calmed, could be beyond bearing, so I implore You to take him into Your heart and to heal him there. Please heal Stanncie and everyone who is in any way affected by this tragedy.

Father please take into Your heart anyone who experienced or experiences the suicide or violent death of a loved one or a neighbour.

Please give those who have connection to those who are despairing or depressed, or perhaps chemically affected, or suffering mental illness, and unable to help them, the comfort and strength they need. But where possible please grant them to intervene successfully.

Father in honor of Your Son’s death and resurrection, please save the souls of those who suicide in the moment between life and death. Grant them to accept Your mercy in that last instant of choice. Please grant this grace to this girl.

Father please comfort their families, her family, and friends.

Father have mercy on all concerned

Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
She has only slipped away into the next room.
Everything remains as it was.
The old life that she lived so fondly together with her family and loved ones is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever she was to those who loved her, she is still.
Call her by the old familiar name.
Speak of her in the easy way which you always used.
Put no sorrow in your tone.
Laugh as they might always have laughed at the little jokes that she and loved ones might have enjoyed in each others company, and pray for her.
Let her name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effort
Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.
Why should she be out of mind because she is out of sight?
That poor soul is but waiting for her loved ones, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How they shall laugh at the trouble of parting, when they meet again.

In our lords blessed name we pray that you have mercy on this poor girl’s soul Lord. Join us fellow CAF’ers in prayer that she might recieve true love and forgiveness from our awesome God, and that he may heal her wounds so that she may be pure to enter the kingdom of heaven. In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

And dear I agree with everyone else that witnessing a suicide can be very hard. I recommend speaking with your Priest but also a counselor perhaps, as the two professions have profoundly different specialties. Use one for matters of Faith and the other in confidence, just make sure they are Christian and preferable Catholic friendly, God bless.

Praying for depressed and desperate people, but I’m also praying for you too, stanncie. May God wipe every tear from your face and those who suffer.

Oh Lord I lift up this situation to You…Minister Your grace to those who were involved…Use this to open up hearts to You…Lead Your people to those who are lonely and depressed…I also think of all the suicides in the military…Lord let Your children who are military to reach out to those hurting and may they turn to You…Minister to the families who are hurting and draw them.Thank You Lord for Your desire that now one perish…May more be drawn to you…In the matchless name of Christ…Amen

Thank you all for your prayers! I think they are helping because I haven’t felt as awful this past couple of hours. I still can’t believe this happened in my building. I have also prayed for the poor man I heard screaming, the trauma he has suffered is horrible. I’m sure we will hear about this incident in my local news but haven’t heard anything yet.

I could probably go down to the lobby and get a lot of info but I feel that this would be inappropriate and disrespectful. I actually thought about investigating the noise when I heard it but was too lazy and just stayed home. I’m glad now because i would have surely seen this poor girl’s body.

Thanks again for your prayers and don’t worry about me, I went to mass this evening and felt ok. I saw a bunch of people from my youth group and also met a gym buddy by chance in the market afterward and we talked about the situation.

Please continue to pray for the repose of this girl’s soul and of course for her family and loved ones.

Eternal rest grant unto this poor girl, O Lord. And may Your Perpetual Light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.
Amen.

Praying for your peace of mind…

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I am praying.

Praying hard.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

*Oh my gosh, how horrible! :frowning: I’m so sorry to hear this. It is true that during the holidays, studies have shown that more and more people become depressed, and might do something drastic. I encourage anyone here who might know of someone who is going to be alone this holiday season, to invite them to be with your family. I pray for all who are lonely, depressed, desperate, and scared. Thanks for posting this, stanncie. *

closed #15

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.