Pray for the People of Pittsburgh who protest abortion, joblessness and homelessness

Pray for all those who were in peaceful protest in Pittsburgh PA during the G-20 , but were being beaten by riot police, because they were in protest of the plans the President has on abortion, homelessness, joblessness, and healthcare coverage gaps that won’t have resolutions to them in the near future. The mass of riot police beat upon those who tried to get permits to protest, and were denied by Pittsburgh’s Mayor’s offices, and were gathered non violently in my city’s streets. Only to be gassed, beaten with clubs, man handled, and thrown into jail, for gathering to bring about awareness of the homelessness, joblessness, and healthcare coverage that was severly lacking for those in my local community. Pray that my city’s people aren’t hurt by the riotous police who patrolled the streets during the G-20 in swat uniforms standing 5 rows deep, 1000 cops per row, marching toward unarmed city residents with guns, clubs, and tear gas to disperse the peaceful protesters so that the city would remain vacant for 2 days.

Let us remember to do unto others, what we would have them do unto us. And pray that the swat and riot police that were put into place won’t cause other countries to not want to set up business in my hometown.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, and deliver us from all evil, Amen.

I ask for your prayers for my city and relatives who work in Pittsburgh because of the strongarmed tactics used by riot police against my friends and family members who were protesting Obama’s abortion rights stance, and freedom of assembly to voice the city’s resident’s concerns. Any prayer no matter how small is very much appreciated.

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is thefruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Remember, O Most Gracious Virgin Mary
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence we fly unto thee, O Virgin of Virgins, our Mother.
To thee do we come; before thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions,
but in thy mercy hear and answer them. Amen.

Thank you ready, I was hoping someone would pray for my multi-denominational city, in this time of crisis. people of my hometown are people who do not believe in the President’s thinking on abortion, and when they protested in the streets at the G-20 they were beaten by the cops and told to disburse or be gassed with tear gas, rather than disburse they held their ground based upon religious conviction and were tear gassed. If any of you read in the news that Pittsburgher’s were violent, DO NOT believe them. Pittsburgher’s are religious, and non-violent people. The protests were peaceful, until the riot police provoked fights with the city residents. The police in Pittsburgh PA are like the Gestapo of Germany during WWII.

Horrified to hear this, Mary.
Please Jesus heal those people who were injured or traumatised by their fellow citizens’ violence, especially when those same citizens are hired to protect the community. Please ensure that these same people, brutalisied by their own aggressive behaviour, reflect on the injustice and uncivilised behaviour they exhibited when confronted by others’ honest conscience objections. They give discredit to themselves before the whole nation and the world.
Jesus please do not allow America to once again be divided violently by moral and political beliefs. Lead America again to be a christian nation, true to it’s constituion, in which all are created equal under God.

*This is so terribly sad…and unnecessary! :mad::frowning: They should be able to protest peacefully…I’m so sad to read this, and in talking to relatives from Pittsburgh …it’s been pretty bad. Praying for all those who have been beaten, and hurt despite trying to stand up for what is good and holy. *

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.