Pray for the Repose of His Soul

Please pray for the repose of the soul of LeRoy, my father-in-law, who passed away today. He was a very good man, a convert to the Catholic faith and was a deacon later in life. The last few years he has suffered from dimentia and pneumonia and has been unable to communicate. We are glad he is no longer suffering in his earthly body, but will miss him terribly. His wife, my mother-in-law, also recently passed away just five months ago.

Please pray also for all of the family.

Thank you and God bless.

Praying for the repose of the soul of Leroy. My mother passed away 5 years ago suffering with dementia which she endured for 10 years. It was a relief for our family when she passed on because her torment and suffering were over.

Remembering him and all the people in his life.

Paul

Praying for this good man and your family…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I will be praying that LeRoy’s soul my be granted eternal rest and salvation. I will also be praying for both the family and friends who will experience the sorrow of losing a friend, a loved one and a mentor.

I will include one more prayer. While it is incredibly hard to lose a loved one, I will be praying a short prayer of thanks. Thanking God for the mercy he has shown since LeRoy is no longer suffering and struggling.

Steve

Thank you so much for your prayers. I was not able to attend the funeral mass, but it was recorded and I was able to watch it. It was truly one of the most beautiful funerals I have ever seen. His life was really in the service of the Lord, and there were 14 deacons there from his community. The priest who officiated was one that was stationed in LeRoy’s parish for many years, and he was at their home weekly for dinner. He also did a wonderful job with the homily.

We know he is in a better place!

praying

Sending to you and your family my condolences.

Eternal rest grant onto LeRoy, O Lord. And may your perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.

Amen

Didi I offer my sympathy and prayers to your husband and you for two such recent losses.
God grant abundant blessings to your family.

LORD Jesus
Have mercy on ur son

I am praying for the repose of your father-in-law’s soul Didi.

I pray that your father-in-law’s soul may have eternal peace.

~~ God Bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.