Pray for the repose of the soul of 13 year old Spencer - lost battle with cancer today

Please pray for the repose of the soul of our dear friend 13 year old Spencer. We spent many weeks with him at St. Jude’s Hospital in Memphis TN as he battled leukemia (ALL) and we battled a brain tumor (medulloblastoma) with our 12 year old son - we are recovering slowly.

His family was affected by Katrina, had to move, he was diagnosed with ALL the week of the storm. He was one of the toughest kids I ever met fighting through bone marrow transplants, the awful chemo, remission, relapse, another transplant, and finally fighting until the very end with his brave parents at his side. They never gave up, their faith never waivered, their strength was unimaginable as the odds and options declined.

God bless them all and give them the strength and courage to get through this most difficult time in their lives. May their family be consoled by the love and support of family and friends and God’s mercy and compassion. Amen.

I’ll remember Spencer, his family and friends everyday in my prayers.

I shall add Spencer and family to my prayers.

I’ll pray for the repose of his soul, and for healing to come to his family. I’m so sorry to hear this.

My prayers will be added.

It will be part of the Divine Mercy Chaplet here

I’ll pray too.

With prayers for him and for his family - Joe

Daily Mass for Spencer and all those affected by his death.

My love, thoughts and prayers are with their family…ugh, what a tragedy. I know God is always in the details, but sometimes, it’s hard to totally understand His plan, when these things happen. Thanks for sharing…I will pray.:heart:

I will pray for his soul and for his family.

Prayers for him and his family. :gopray2:

I’m so sorry :nope: :console:

Prayers for him… :gopray2: :gopray:

I will pray for him:harp:

This whole family have my prayers! :byzsoc:

Our Father in Heaven
Holy be Your Name
Your Kingdom come
Your Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we forgive those who sin against us
Do not bring us to the test
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace!
The Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women
And Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit.

As it was in the beginning
Is now and ever shall be
World without end.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon him.

May he rest in peace.
Amen.

May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.