Pray for the University of Notre Dame

On May 17th, 2009, the University of Notre Dame will honor President Obama with an honorary law degree at the graduation Commencement Ceremony. The most pro-abortion president in American History will be given this honor in an act of direct disobedience to the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church. Pray for those who are wounded by this reckless and misguided decision. Especially pray for the women who are pregnant and need a consistent, steady guide to help give them courage and grace to bring their babies to birth.

Lord, I pray for the conversion af all those souls who do not acknowledge the inherent evil of abortion. May they come to repent of their wrong thinking and be the light of Christ to the world and pro-life instead of promoting the culture of death. Help those mothers of unplanned pregnancies to find support and proper guidance as they contemplate their lives with a baby. May the president of the U.S. not cut from his budget those organizations that help these women avoid birth control and aborting their babies. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Amen.

I also pray for those that will be silently protesting because many feel they are being very unchristian. Obama is beginning to divide the American Catholics…

Please, Father, open the heart of our President.

Lord have mercy

Heaven help us. This has been eating away at me too. I don’t know when I’ve been so afraid of the judgement of God coming upon our country. It seems almost sacreligious to say “God bless America” - we haven’t given Him a reason. This situation just begs for prayer.

Amen.

Lord God, we pray today for President Barack Obama, for the president and board members of the University of Notre Dame, its students, and all who support the decision to present an honorary law degree to President Obama. We pray for the conversion of their souls and for the destruction of the Culture of Death; we pray for the strengthening of those who support a Culture of Life, who recognize the evils of abortion and artificial birth control. We pray that Catholics across America will defend the Faith despite President Obama’s reception of an honorary law degree, even if they are silently protesting against this event.

Jesus, through the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe, patroness of the Americas and of the unborn, please unite the prayers of all who will be going to the University of Notre Dame to protest–as well as those who cannot make the trip–and may they help to convert our nation. We ask these things in Your Name and Blood. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.