Pray For Those Struggling With Addiction

As a way to extend the hand of Christian fellowship between Catholic and Protestant; I would like to ask for prayer on behalf of someone I know struggling with addiction. It is a terrible thing to watch, I have been there myself; and I know that Jesus answers sincere prayer! Thankyou to each one who joins me in this effort.

Thank you, and God bless you. :slight_smile:

Father we ask pray for all who suffer with addiction, for their families, and for this friend.
Father, in Jesus’ name, please help all those who are struggling with addiction.
Father forgive and heal them.
Please urge them to avoid occasions of sin, each time temptation arises.
Please lead them to activities that honour You and benefit others and their own well-being.
Please give them strength to resist to temptations against gospel living.
Please surround their lives with Your light and love.

Thank You, Father

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,
and Blessed is the Fruit
of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Father we ask pray for all who suffer with addiction, for their families, and for this friend.
Father, in Jesus’ name, please help all those who are struggling with addiction.
Please lead them to activities that honour You and benefit others and their own well-being.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Lord, I pray that this good person’s friend can find in love of God and neighbor the key to unlock the chains of his addiction. Help his friend, Lord, and give him hope. Put some good pepole in his life to lead him to your Son, Jesus. Help him fill the emptiness of his soul with your love, not with whatever it is that is competing with you. Thank you, Lord. Amen.

Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,

Thankyou to all who have prayed in this thread, or privately, offline. I am happy to say that my friend has joined AA and is now daily studying the Bible and claiming God’s promises as a way to resist the temptation.

That’s wonderful!

I praise and thank You, Heavenly Father, and ask Your continued help and grace for Protestant’s friend.

Please grant Your continued blessing to Protestant.
Thank You, Father

Father we strength and grace for all who suffer with addiction, for their families, and for this friend.

Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,

Hello; I thought I would come back here and say thanks for the prayers. The friend I requested for above is now CLEAN!

I can’t help but think of the very first gospel sermon on earth where God put it like this:

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (Gen 3:15)

Only God can put within us the desire to quit; we must therein rejoice that God, in the early night of sin, came with these comforting words to us. This sermon was the earliest believer’s primary hope; and it is still our Hope today; for it is Jesus fighting for us, helping us, and providing comfort.

As His people come to Him in prayer; God will take up their cause personally! Thanks everyone who prayed! :slight_smile:

I admire and respect you. We need more people of all faiths like you.

I pray to God to help your friend find himself and find happiness without using drugs.

GBY.

Thank you for the great news!

May God continue to bless you both!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.