Pray for those who are isolated and alone even on Holidays too

Dear Friends,

There are many people in this situation and I’m one of them. Yet, I know God is here. Please pray for those who feel lonely and truly isolated from family and friends and may not have either one.** Some people get so despondent they take drastic measures and I **hate to know that. Plus, I spent Christmas and Thanksgiving alone last year and it was a horrible feeling. Pray that Jesus will help those not feel so lonely and He never leaves our side.

Love ya’ll lots,
Sheila is my real name and hugs and blessings to the whole world.

Loving God,
there are times in each life
when there is no one.
No one with whom to share
a word,
a laugh,
a sad remembrance,
a gentle touch,
a fond embrace,
a kiss of love.
Bless each one who suffers
from such loneliness.
Enrich life with a friend
or gentle stranger
who will spend a moment
noticing
and loving.
In those times
your love shines through,
the world is reborn,
and Christ is known.
So be it!
Amen.:highprayer:

Thank you.
I am one in this situation.
It can be lonely, and that wears on the psyche.
But God is definitely there.

I was married and have had a civil divorce, but not an annulment. As I never want to get involved with a man again, and everything is for couples etc. the world seems to rub salt into the wound. So, I busy myself with my work and studies.

Our church has a group for young adults 20 to 30
and another for seniors 60 and up.

There is noting for the 30 to 60 age group.
I will soon be 50 and am trying to find out what ‘groups’ they do have.
Perhaps it is just up to me to start one?

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Voice of experience.
A cancer patient I transported several times on the non-emergency ambulance was recovering, but cancer is a horrible burden even when things go well.
Our patient, a delightful woman who celebrated life by having a butterfly tattooed over her left ear, made and wore delightfully, outrageously colorful bandannas to cover her chemo-bald scalp, and gave them out freely at chemo, especially to the men, explaining women have more head cover resources than men, was so looking forward to her son and his family coming for Christmas: in spite of her exhaustion she cleaned house and had supplies on hand to fix a good meal.
He called last minute and said they were not coming.
I don’t know why or what, but they changed their mind, came anyway and did not call ahead.
They found her dead in her bed with a .22 pistol still in her mouth.

Another example:
Ohio Veteran’s Home, Sandusky.
Multi-story nursing home, all military veterans.
Halloween is their favorite holiday as they can wear false faces and funny hats and kids come in to visit in costume.
Christmas is their least favorite because families forget them.
There are few things more depressing than a warehouse of the forgotten on Christmas Day.

To the OP, if the opinion of a greying old grandfather mean anything, bless you for this thread! Such a reminder is always timely!

What a great reminder!

Sometimes, people get attention during holidays, but get neglected the rest of the year.
I’m sure a shut-in or lonely person would appreciate a call, a card or a visit that just comes spontaneously, at any time of the year.

Loneliness is such a problem today.

Lord, may your love shine into the lives of the lonely, especially on holidays. May they feel the companionship of the living, the departed, the holy angels, and the divine love. Mary, pray with us. Amen. :harp:

This is a serious condition to be in for people commit suicide because of loneliness. Particularly during the Holidays. Please continue to pray. Thank you very much.
Our Father which art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as
we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but
deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and glory are Yours forever and
ever Amen.:highprayer::gopray2:**

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Mother Mary, I commend to you all those who are isolated and alone. Please ease their suffering and help them to carry their crosses courageously. May Our Lord bless them with strength, peace, the deepest faith, surrender to his holy will and abandonment to his divine providence. May they find hope in you, their Mother and their confidence. Amen.

Among the groups I pray for at night are the lonely, abandoned, neglected, persecuted and discouraged.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Today, I cried my heart out because I felt acute loneliness. For now that is my lot in life. What I’d do if I had a good friend who would not take advantage of me. And that’s another problem. I’ve had friends that that is all they did. Not to judge them personally but just their behavior. Please keep praying for those who are in similar situations and feel it acutely. I worry particularly about those who become really despondent and give up all hope. If I could, I would have all lonely people at my house during those celebration times. Thank you for praying. Please keep on doing so.

I wish I could go visit a home or adult day care center but without transportation, I can’t do anything and there is no facility close enough to walk to.

Love ya’ll…Sheila

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

R,

I pray the rosary every morning and usually the first 3 decades are for family. The last two are for those whose needs I have become aware of recently. Very often it is for people who are lonely and in need of friends and the love of family. I have been blessed with a large family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

Patrick

Joining you all in prayer.

Please know I am worried about others more than myself. I can cry to Jesus and He knows. Plus, yesterday He gave me a blessing that I will never, ever forget. Praise Jesus.

Please keep praying for those so they will not give up hope and harm themselves. Plus if you read Sky Pilot’s post, he knows first hand.

Love ya’ll lots.

Sheila is my real name. Hugs and tons of blessings to everyone on the entire earth!

P.S. I will keep this thread going for it is a big problem that can lead to disastrous results and tragedy for family members. For all the lonely people, here::grouphug:

Loving God,
there are times in each life
when there is no one.
No one with whom to share
a word,
a laugh,
a sad remembrance,
a gentle touch,
a fond embrace,
a kiss of love.
Bless each one who suffers
from such loneliness.
Enrich life with a friend
or gentle stranger
who will spend a moment
noticing
and loving.
In those times
your love shines through,
the world is reborn,
and Christ is known.
So be it!
Amen.:highprayer:

our lady of lourdes please pray for them that are isolated and alone:gopray2::amen:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.