Pray for Veterans of D-Day

Today, the 65th anniversary of Operation Overlord, the Allied invasion of France, is a good reminder that we should always keep these brave men in our prayers.

Thousands died on that day, and tens of thousands more would die before Nazi Germany was finally destroyed.

Let us pray for those dwindling few survivors, and for the souls of their fallen comrades.

** :signofcross:
. . . for these brave soldiers Lord . . .
. . . in heaven above . . .
. . . and on earth here below . . .

Lord Have Mercy**

Lord, have mercy on us
Christ, have mercy on us
Lord, have mercy on us
Christ, hear us
Christ, graciously hear us

God our Father in Heaven,
have mercy on us
Jesus,
God the Son,
Redeemer of the World,
have mercy on us
God the Holy Spirit,
have mercy on us
Holy Trinity, one God,
have mercy on us

Holy Mary, pray for us
Holy Mother of God, pray for us
Holy Virgin of virgins, pray for us

St. Joseph,
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs, pray for us
Spouse of the Mother of God, pray for us
Chaste guardian of the Virgin, pray for us
Foster father of the Son of God, pray for us
Diligent protector of Christ, pray for us
Head of the Holy Family, pray for us
Amen

[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
. . . thank You Dear Lord+
. . . thank you Blessed Holy Mother+
. . . thank you Blessed St. Joseph+
:signofcross:[/RIGHT]

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Psaml 91, Douay-Rheims:

1. 90:1 The praise of a canticle for David. He that dwelleth in the aid of the most High, shall abide under the protection of the God of Jacob.
  2. 90:2 He shall say to the Lord: Thou art my protector, and my refuge: my God, in him will I trust.
  3. 90:3 For he hath delivered me from the snare of the hunters: and from the sharp word.
  4. 90:4 He will overshadow thee with his shoulders: and under his wings thou shalt trust.
  5. 90:5 His truth shall compass thee with a shield: thou shalt not be afraid of the terror of the night.
  6. 90:6 Of the arrow that flieth in the day, of the business that walketh about in the dark: of invasion, or of the noonday devil.
  7. 90:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand: but it shall not come nigh thee.
  8. 90:8 But thou shalt consider with thy eyes: and shalt see the reward of the wicked.
  9. 90:9 Because thou, O Lord, art my hope: thou hast made the most High thy refuge.
  10. 90:10 There shall no evil come to thee: nor shall the scourge come near thy dwelling.
  11. 90:11 For he hath given his angels charge over thee; to keep thee in all thy ways.
  12. 90:12 In their hands they shall bear thee up: lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
  13. 90:13 Thou shalt walk upon the asp and the basilisk: and thou shalt trample under foot the lion and the dragon.
  14. 90:14 Because he hoped in me I will deliver him: I will protect him because he hath known my name.
  15. 90:15 He shall cry to me, and I will hear him: I am with him in tribulation, I will deliver him, and I will glorify him.
  16. 90:16 I will fill him with length of days; and I will shew him my salvation.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

:gopray:

Thank you Lord Jesus, for giving us these brave men, the greatest generation, for my grandpa and all the fathers and grandfathers who fought for our way of life…Thank you Lord Jesus, for holding these men in the palms of your hands…Please dear Jesus, I pray for their souls to rest in peace…and for those still with us, I pray that they live out their years happy and healthy…Thank you, Jesus…

Praying for the Veterans of D-Day

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.