Pray that I may be interested in my studies

I’ve got an exam on the 22nd of this month. I have ample amount of time, but the problem is I am just not able to get myself to sit down and study. I lack interest. This is my final paper, probably the last one in my life, and I certainly don’t want to fail. Pray for me. Please.

Hi! I’m a college student and I can definitely sypathize with the way you’re feeling. The past few semesters I just haven’t been able to find the motivation to work hard, and I know that I’ve underachieved. It’s disappointing. But, you have plenty of time before your final, almost 3 weeks. If you start now, you can do a great job and then it will be Christmas! Getting started is the worst part - I always find that once I’m actually studying, the material gets a lot more interesting than I expect. You can do it! I’ll say a prayer for you :slight_smile:

I hope you get your “second wind” soon. God bless you!

Praying!

Praying for you…

I’ll be praying for you! :gopray2: I experienced burnout big time my last semester of school too. I found listening to motivating music helped a lot for me. :shrug: :slight_smile:

I know how you’re feeling. I’ll pray for you that you get through it!

Although I’ve developed interest in studies, I am facing a lot of unavoidable distractions like Christmas celebrations and relative’s wedding to the extent that my time and energy are being drained away. Pray for me, please.

Please pray. :bighanky:

God grant you the discipline to prioritize, as we all must, especially in such busy seasons as Christmas! Wesley, many students have to balance work/study/family/children/personal problems/illness/financial problems and we ask the Lord to help them and to help you, so that all aspects of life are blessed and fruitful. :slight_smile:

God bless you. I hope you enjoy the wedding, and that you have a wonderful Christmas…and do well in your studies!

I was in yer position at the beginning of the month. Youare in my prayers

Prayers to St Joseph of Cupertino (patron saint of those doing exams - he’s a good one because he was not a naturally good student, but by God’s grace succeeded in passing his exams for the priesthood).

And St Jude and St Rita - patrons of difficult cases.

Just picture how good it will feel to finish that exam knowing that you made a good effort and studied hard rather than not studying and praying that you just scraped through.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.