Pray that I may make a good confession

It has been a while since I made my last confession. The priest to whom I used to go to has been hospitalized, so I have not been able to make a confession for about 40 days now. However, tomorrow, there is going to be a mass confession (many priests sitting for confession) in our parish. Pray that I may make a good confession and also that I may turn away from all my sinful ways. Thanks.

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you and I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell. But most of all because I have offended you, my God, who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of your grace, to confess my sins, to do penance and to amend my life. Amen.

Praying for you.

Come there a little bit earlier and ask the Holy Spirit to fill your heart and lead you. Prepare yourself and I’m sure it will be a good confession :wink:
Usually when we have mass confessions before bigger feast days, confessions are very short, 2-3 minutes. I prefer longer and detailed confessions, but if there’s 100 people in line, that’s not possible. So if he gives you a fast absolution without talking to you about details, don’t get discouraged and think it was a bad confession.

Saint Leopold Mandic, pray for him!

Lord, please help Wesley to make a good confession and help him to resist falling into the same sins. Grant him all the graces he needs to break out of any sinful habits and to keep faithful; never let him be separated from you. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

I am praying for you and please pray for me too, I am going tomorrow...

Hail Mary
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you everyone for praying. I did make a good confession and the priest gave me good advice as well.

Praise God!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.