Pray that I would have true contrition and that I would stay out of mortal sin after confession

Hi everyone. Could you all please pray for me? I need to have true contrition for my sins as I intend to go to Mass and confession this evening. However, I am afraid that I’ll just all right back in to mortal sin possibly as soon as I get home (it’s happened before :blush:). So please also pray that I would be able to stay out of a state of mortal sin for at least a week. Thank you.

Praying for you ,Holly.

Thanks Jim.

Could you all please offer me some advice on how to stay out of a state of mortal sin? I find myself falling in to a state of mortal sin very frequently. :frowning:

The Rosary always helps me. As Padre Pio said, the Rosary is a spiritual weapon. Meditation on the Sorrowful Mysteries during lent will help us all realize ,how much Jesus loves us.

Oh ok. Thanks for the suggestion of the rosary Jim. Do you have any other suggestions?

I only can say that concentrating on the Mysteries and trying to speak to Jesus and Our Blessed Mother in a personal way in the prayers has done me so much good ,that I can honestly recommend the Rosary as a remedy for many spiritual problems, that all of us face on a daily basis.

Oh ok thank you Jim. :slight_smile:

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Thank you Trishie.

Dear Holly,

I will keep you in my prayers. Please do not give up.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

I’ll pray for that you may have the courage and strength to fight temptations.

You’re not alone, Holy. I struggle with mortal sin and contrition as well. Let’s pray for each other. :slight_smile:

Also, don’t forget to pray for daily neglects.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy Mercy.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.