Pray that my new girlfriend will find truth in the Catholic Faith

I just recently got in touch with a long lost childhood friend of mine and we have been dating for a few months now and I feel she is the one for me. I have dated several other girls in the past but none have clicked as well as she has.

We are managing a long distance relationship but we both manage to see each other about every 8 weeks or so. We speak to each other almost every night.

Anyway she attend’s various protestant churches and has been affiliated with several most of her life with her Parents. However she has no strong faith in any of them. She has recently noticed my strong devout faith to Catholicism (I was born and raised) and finds it interesting and inspiring. She knows very little about Catholicism however.

We have both discussed spiritual matters and she feels the same as I do about a lot but she is having a hard time understanding controversial issues such as Birth Control and some other sexual sins. I am slowly trying to bring her closer to my faith and am hoping she will find the same happiness and truth I have found.

She has said she can’t convert or know for sure what her “home” church will be until she learns more about it and I understand that very well.

I just ask that you pray that I will continue to be a role model and live out my faith and discuss and explain theological and moral matters to her as accurately and close to our faith as possible. Sometimes I do fail and sometimes I simply don’t know the answers. I just don’t want to scare her away or create a false impression of the faith in anyway.

So yea just pray for me and her to grow closer to the Catholic faith and hopefully someday she will decide that it will be her home. Also pray that if she doesn’t decide to join, that I will find a way to accept that and possibly work around that in some way.

On top of that, she has been battling “self-harm” issues mostly cutting her arms to cope when she get’s sad. This occurs every few weeks but lately she has been trying to stop and has been doing very well with my help and knowing it devastates me. However lately things have been hard and she’s been down a lot because she is trying to quit and hasn’t found a way to cope without cutting so these feelings are just trapped inside her.

Please pray that God can give her peace and another safe way to release those feelings and stress.

I know this is a very minor prayer compared to the many dire ones on here but I will appreciate any thought/advice and prayer.

Thank you!

Praying for your girlfriend.

Father, watch over Your children and fill them with the light of Your Holy Spirit. Good Shepherd, protect this man and this woman and bring them together into your loving embrace.

Thy Will be done in all!

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Thank you :slight_smile:

You guys have my prayers

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.