Pray that the Holy Spirit lives and acts through me

Please pray for me that I may be healed; mind, body, soul and heart. So, that my every thought, word or act is for God’s glory and honor and brings smiles to Jesus and Mary’s faces. For they have endured enough suffering at the hands of mortals, I personally don’t want them to feel sadness on my account. Please pray that my thoughts too are holy. Thank you. By the way, if you have a moment more, please pray for my family that our house will sell. Thank you for your prayers and your devotion to God.

Father, we are called to “be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:48). Lord, you know that is our goal, but that we constantly fail. For this very reason, You sent Your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, to save us through mercy. Out of the same mercy, grant michaelcollins an improved disposition which focuses more thoroughly on Jesus’ passion, death and resurrection. May he thank you for Your mercy and love at day’s beginning, day’s end, and throughout the day. Grant him the grace to accept his imperfections as the blessing of his personal cross to bear, in imitation of his Savior. Lord, You love us with such depth that we cannot comprehend its strength. You desire us to be with You so completely that Your Son instituted the Sacrament of reconciliation for our good. Through it, we can be made clean in spirit. And, it is that spirit which will please You Lord, as the mind and body will follow its lead. In this season of Lent, let us focus not on our faults, which can be made right only through Your mercy, but rather on the perfection of love which You hold for us. We ask this through the same Christ Jesus, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

I will pray for your intention MC. I have been praying for you and will remember you at Mass tomorrow.

Blessings,
Judi

Praying for these intentions

Amen!
Michael, given what you’re praying for, I thought I’d give you a few of the prayers I’ve written to the end you’re praying for.

God, speak in me

Our God, please ‘speak’ in me all that is necessary for the fulfilment of Your desire for my life and for anyone You hope to benefit through me.

Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, in the infinite possibilities of Your love, You know what must be ‘spoken’.

Whatever entreaty and faith must be offered to obtain this ‘utterance’, please ‘speak’ also in me—for only You can.
I ask this for fulfilment of Your loving will in my life, and for the healing, repentance and conversion of souls whom You desire to save or bless through me.

I ask, and believe, that You continually utter Yourself in me according to Your eternal desire. You delight Yourself in me…in us!

Thereby, with our cooperation, You will fulfil our portion of Your plan of redemption. I trust this to the name of the divine and risen Saviour who shares our humanity.

Love through me

God, unless You love through me, I cannot love You above all, or cherish other persons, as Jesus loves me. Know, love and serve through me, for my attempts may be tainted with selfish responses or kindly mistakes. Others’ logic and reality before You is mystery to me, for I have only my own consciousness. I know something of my sinfulness, yet what appears to be ‘sin’ in others may instead be a differing virtue, or a product of innocence or ignorance that only appears to be sin or error.

I ask You Who-Are-Love to be my love and service of others, welcoming everyone as Your beloved. I want to celebrate Your love, beauty and inspiration in others, even if it is obscure. Let Your Spirit fill my heart, mouth and prayer with gifts of Your love and truth for others. Let me be endowment of Your own self, Your sacrament, and our gentle Mother present to them. I ask this despite my evident failures in loving.

I believe that You will free me wholly into Your love, wisdom, and compassion. I wait humbly in my daily efforts, knowing that in Your mercy You will grant my prayer to love Yourself in me with all strength and being, and to love others in me with Jesus’ love.

Least servant
God, I give You all I have and am, with my desires, attributes, inadequacies and sinful tendencies. To Your acceptance and disposal, I relinquish my spiritual ambitions, my lifelong prayer and service, and any ‘merit’.

Only pride or ignorance elevates any ‘virtues’ above my faults, because human nature is poor relative to Your infinite holiness and creativity. Let Your goodness be touchstone and essence of my response to all created things and persons—so that nothing can withdraw me from freedom of obedience to Your loving will.

To You I yield all my relationships, even those most dear. Let Your Spirit communicate and interact with them so that I no longer act selfishly and detrimentally to my own and others’ welfare, nor love anyone in preference to You.

I surrender to You all my thoughts, words and acts, so that You guide and complete all my responses and initiatives. Let Your Spirit flow creatively through my nature and action, so that nothing in me can confound Your loving purpose, nor will anything be inappropriate or harmful to any person.

God, I know that You pardon my sins. I know that out of my offences and omissions, You create wondrous fruit. You give boundless recompense to anyone who suffers through my fault. You give limitless blessing to anyone who offers me even the smallest kindness, from earliest infancy until God unites me in beatific vision with the communion of saints.

I am Your child who has irretrievably surrendered all being, all gifts, all relationship, all virtuous effort, and all failure to Your merciful love. I claim You to be my whole existence, my breath, my blood, my very substance and all my thoughts and ways.

Your action may be hidden to me in my inglorious daily struggle, my erratic judgement and frequently fruitless endeavour. It may be concealed under my sense of unworthiness and occasional desolation. Yet may You continually blaze Your pure love and truth within me, to Your glory and delight, and to highest service of other souls.

**Translate me into Your own terms **

Dear God, I choose to love You truly and to allow You to love and serve others through me. I want to live Your dream of me fully, but I may misinterpret Your will and inspiration as it refracts through my emotions and mental processes. Please nevertheless fulfil all that You desire through my life and prayer.

Flood Your love to others though all my efforts and errors. Grant me faith, fidelity, wisdom and prayer. Recreate me in the fullness of Your will and fill me with Your love, for sake of Your honour and delight, and for salvation of souls.

Let me be the person who You dream me to be, so that Your desire for Yourself and for each soul You place in my care or influence is generously fulfilled.

Translate me into Your own terms as I come contritely and gropingly before You in humble trust, with my imperfect efforts. I know that You have mercy on good intentions even if these are misguided. Yet please let me know Your will—for You have said, “I will instruct you, and teach you the way to go; I will watch over you and be your adviser.” (Psalm 32: v. 8)

Following Christ
Heavenly Father, please nurture me as a true disciple of Jesus so that I seek only to serve and to share my life for others, as daily I live my responsibilities and creative inspirations, following Jesus in trust, humility, purity of heart, and freedom of spirit.

Please centre me in Your love so that I desire Your will in everything, thus my thoughts and attitudes, words and acts, transformed by You, shall give You glory, serving charity, justice and peace for those whom I pray for or encounter.

By this means, my spiritual and material endowments shall be shared fraternally, again and again with others. Then You may look on me and find no fault in me, but rejoice in Your dearly loved child, formed in image of Jesus. With trust, I make this in His name through the Holy Spirit.

Commitment
God, for sake of souls, I commit myself and my entire life—past, present and future—to Your merciful love. I trust in Your love to accept this submission and make it complete.

Have mercy upon everyone whom You wish to bless through me, and do not let my limitations or doubts curtail Your use of me as vehicle of blessing or vessel of honour.

My faults are fragile barriers to the flood of Your grace, if I live Your will and have faith in Your powerful love. Deepen my trust in Your will to use Your limitless power of love even in me.

My human best
God, to the best of my human ability and knowledge at this moment, I give You everything I am and possess.

I stand before You foolish and unworthy yet with the best that I know to give—the offering of my being with its endowments and achievements, my warmest affection, clearest understanding, best contrition and the greatest honour that I can ‘achieve’ in this little instant of trust.

Behold me compassionately in the tiny human perfection of this moment, and grant me unity in the eternal immensity of perfection, which is You, our God. Thank You that You accept such meagre gift of life and effort in exchange for blessings and eternal gifts for other’s souls. “A spark of pure love is more precious before God, more useful for the soul, and richer in benedictions for the Church than all other works taken together.” (St John of the Cross)

One life to give
Dear God, there are many beautiful, generous, wise and productive people in this world and throughout time. These ‘fully human, fully alive’ individuals are floodgates of abundant blessing to others and of great joy and glory to You.

I have many flaws and often make mistakes. I am inconsistent in charity, faith, wisdom and commitment. Forgive me, God. Yet even if I am less wise and less good than many others are, I have merely this consciousness, this body, this life that I can give You. There is no other self over whom I have right of decision and offering. Only by Your miracles of grace can I give this ‘me’ totally, and in the way that You wish for Your delight and for others’ benefit.

Please make it so, according to Your hope. September 2005

I consecrate my entire life to You. I cannot change others’ paths, but with Your Spirit, I can love You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.

I have only myself to give. Please take all. Never let me go. Make me increasingly Your own. Let me live and accomplish, all that You dreamed of me from loving eternity. March 2005

Everything
My everything, our God, I give to You—every breath, each cell, all that I ever am, have or do.
Now I ask for Your everything—whatever You wish to give to me and to others through me.
Please nurture and grant this everything growth, blossom and fruit. Then that everything I do give to You—in time and eternity.
Puddle to ocean**

Infinite God, in Your compassionate love, behold my limited faith, and in mercy transform even my deficiencies, defects and failures into good.

Within the perfection of Your life and being, please transmute my otherwise ineffectual prayer and action, to make this little puddle into an immense ocean full of good things for other souls. Thus, may I worship and serve You beyond all limitations, within the infinite ocean of Your love.

Consecration
Dear God, You gave me gifts of life and faith. You bless them with the gift of pardon for my sins, and crown this with eternal salvation! You protect and nurture these blessings with the gifts of Your Word, of Your Sacraments, of Your Church, of Your Holy Spirit functioning within them.

Therefore, to You, in faith, I dedicate all these gifts, so that you may use them to serve Your word and Your people. Please grant that I so aptly, creatively, and fully steward these gifts that my life is a psalm of thanksgiving and praise to You. Amen.

Seeking union with God

God, please do not allow us to interpret our desire for You as zeal for any ideal, activity, devotion, or person. Do not allow our passion for God to lead us to hidden selfishness. Inspire us with wisdom and discipline to seek You as we authentically serve each other.

I cannot make myself worthy of You. I come with my fragments of prayer, goodwill and kind acts, while others perhaps arise with extraordinary gifts to offer You, but we all have only trust in Your merciful Love, as means to union with You. Therefore, I pray, “Draw us. We will run” to You.

In our human poverty before You, we ask everything of Your mercy, for we are Your children and You are rich beyond imagination. If You require sacrifice, we offer the Sacrifice of Your Son, together with the sacrifices and goodness of countless saints though all ages. If You require selfless Love, fill our beings, ‘pressed down and running over’ with Your own Love.

God our only God, unite us in Your Love.

Truth and unity through the Spirit

God, You see the unworthy, vacillating person that I am but You also see the wonderful being who You created me to be! Loving me thus, through Your Spirit make me so. Through grace and Sacrament, please in my life exemplify the beatitudes and bring Your gifts to fruit, so that I embody gospel love and truth.

With Jesus, I trust You to remain with me forever so that I may know, love, and belong completely to You; and that I may understand, remember, and obey all that Jesus taught. I trust Your Holy Spirit to prove through Your truth to the unbelieving and to myself, that we are wrong regarding modern views of sin, life, and judgement so we return to gospel truth in the Body of Christ.

Holy Spirit, I trust You to help me retrain my thought patterns to make me perceptive, discerning and mature. Make my prayer inspired and efficacious. Speak clearly in my thoughts, words and actions. Give me trust in Your inspiration and indwelling. Make me gentle and compassionate even in times of stress. Give me generosity to joyfully serve every person as Your beloved. Let Your love flow gently through me to everyone whom my life touches, healing and blessing us and giving us true peace.

Holy Spirit please come down on me, and make me whole; and make me one with the Father, the Son, and Your holy Self, together with all who serve through Your power. Spirit of God, through the merit of Jesus, please transform every thought, word and act of my life, into pure, loving, loveliness in the sight of the God. [Based on St. John’s gospel]

Spirit of divine Love

Holy Spirit, You proceed uncreated from Father and Son, as their eternal Love. Spirit of Love please flood us with God’s love, for Saint Paul assures us that “The love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us.” [Romans 5:5]

Through Baptism and Confirmation, You empower us as messengers of God’s word. Through You, the living Word of God flows out from the Church to the world. The word proclaimed in the liturgy before the worshipping assembly of the Church, disseminates through Your power. You, who spoke through the prophets, please continue to speak God’s word in our lives.

Through You, we receive faith that empowers us to fulfil God’s law of love. Give us trust, hope and wisdom that enable Your love to permeate our lives. Give us grace to accept Your inspiration and guidance in the Church, for You use Scripture, the Sacraments, and the teachings and precepts of the Church to instruct, enlighten, and encourage, to admonish and guide us.

With Spirit-filled discussion and reflection, You deepen our insight of truth in tradition, faith and morals. Your ministers are successors to the apostles and prophets. Please keep them faithful to gospel truth.

Let joy and peace, which is fruit of Your love, fill our hearts, spilling into others’ lives. We give praise and thanks, Holy Spirit that You share God’s life and being with us. March 1999 [Inspiration drawn from Documents of Vatican 2—62; 81: 2a 4, 3a 7; 104:13; 114 Part 2:1:13]

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying for your intentions… and for the sale of your house.

Hail Mary Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

I will include you in my prayers that you have peace of mind, love, courage and good health. Set aside all your worries and just turn to God and everything’s gonna be alright. Just trust in HIM that HE will not leave your side and your family.

GOD loves you

I’m praying for both intentions.

By thy Holy and Immaculate Conception O Mary, deliver us from evil

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to the

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Lord, grant these prayers for Michael, that he will be all You desire him to be.
Please lead him, St Michael.

God, be glorified in the work of our hands and the song of our hearts. Let our lives be our prayers and testimonies. Lead us to yourself in thought, word and act, and by leading us, lead others. In Jesus’ name we pray, amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

it might be or seem a little strange for MicharlCollins to pray for MichaelCollins but this thread asking for prayers was posted by me wife not me.

Dear Lord bless the fine woman, you know what she means to me and how good she is, you know her love for you and your son Jesus, her prayerfs her needs her desires and her unselfish giving toothers not just her family, youu also know she is the best mother this side of MotherMary and a wife to equal any before or after her, dang near perfect, Lord you know how much she m eans to me and our children, pour down no Lord Rain down yor blessings on her like a hurricane, b less her with health, comfort and joy, provide that the house sells and the her family is reunited and that her children are always all that she wants them to be and that her poor hsband that wretched man can live p to some of the standards she has sert, in your name I pray, amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.