Pray with me please

Hi I have wanted to become a nun since the age of 19 but many people scrutinized me and they put me in a mental institution, although that sent me off track I have felt that feeling that I desire to live the lifestyle of a nun again, my concern is that I wont get in though and will be rejected. I have already been rejected my the Carmelites when I told them I have had some mental health issues. I really feel like its the right way for me I just want acceptance and people to realise that I know what Im doing. Please pray with me:blush:

Prayers offered :slight_smile:

I pray that you are able to fulfil your true vocation in life and that God will help you to find the patience to wait for that fulfilment, whenever and however it may come about.

Peace be with you.

Praying for you Christine.

thanks all;)

Praying! :):gopray:

PATER NOSTER, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

GLORIA PATRI, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto. Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.

I will pray for you too. You have many obstacles that you must overcome in order to pursue religious life. I, too, have a mental illness (depression, comorbid with anxiety) and I tried for almost 3 years to be a religious, but every community I spoke to honestly told me that they could not accept me on the grounds that I was not psychologically healthy. It was a good thing too because I have had a recurrence of the depression and I am back on medicine for good (I have a low level of serotonin).

Do not let this deter you though, from looking. There may be a religious order out there willing to accept you. I have a friend who suffered from anorexia nervosa and was in remission for 6 years and just entered the Carmelites this July! They are an active order, not cloistered, however, but they are pretty strict on entrance requirements. They required that I be off my medication for at least a year before discerning, but they wanted longer to make sure I had no recurrences. I knew, though, that I was not called there because it didn't feel like "home." :)

God bless you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.