Pray with us for our MARRIAGE!

Today I ask for prayer, for our marriage. My husband and I have been under verbal attack from our families, for months now. Even though we were brought up in catholic homes, our families have strayed away from the faith and are totally wrapped around the world. We love them, we pray fo them all the time, but if we dare to speak to them about the Lord or the church, is like a swarm of angry bees comming towards us. I thank the Lord, that He has given us both the love ad the wisdom to stay firm in the faith. But we can use the charity of your prayers, because we are only human, and sometimes it can hurt deep when our own mothers and siblings choose not to speak to us. Since we do not drink, gossip, etc., we are treated like outsiders. This is okay with us, but what has become dangerous, is that both families, are requesting the same thing from us. My family only wants to share with me alone, and his family wants the same from my DH. We realised quickly, that they want to break us apart, they know that together we both hold strong. Years ago, I thought these things only happened in the movies, but surprise, surprise. As much as we love our mothers and siblings, we rather loose their love, than our marriage and our faith. Please pray for us, as the Lord holds our hands through this difficult journey. Thankyou.

Praying for the two of you, and your families.

Praying for nothing to come between you and your husband, for you to remain steadfast in your vows to one another. God bless.

Prayers and Intercessions

Let us give thanks to our Saviour who came down into this world as God in our midst. Let us cry out to him:

• Christ, king of glory, be our light and our joy!

Christ our Lord, you are the light dawning from on high, the first-fruits of the resurrection that is to come:
may we not remain in shadow but follow you and walk in the light of true life.
Make us perceive your goodness in every created thing,
so that we see your glory wherever we look.
Lord, do not let evil defeat us today,
but may we, armed with goodness, defeat evil ourselves.
You were baptized in Jordan and anointed with the Holy Spirit:
make us give thanks to that same Spirit today.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

God of power and might, all that is perfect belongs to you.
Fill us with love of your name:
increase our zeal and nourish what is good in us;
watch over us and preserve what you have nourished.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

May the Lord bless us and keep us from all harm; and may he lead us to eternal life.
A M E N

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Console yourself with the Lord’s promise to repay ‘twice over with blessing’ for all we have suffered.” [Zechariah 9:12] **“**Yes, the troubles which are soon over…train us for a weight of eternal glory which is out of all proportion to them.” ****1Corinthians 4:17]

Eternal Father, thank You for the goodness and love of Galilea and her husband. Thank You for the faith and unity that they share. Thank you for the beauty of their Catholic marriage!
:harp:
Dear Galilea I ask Jesus to comfort you and your husband and to heal all the hurt in your heart, your wonderful husband, and in both families. You are a wonderful, precious pair!
Mother Mary please intercede for them.

Father, I ask in Jesus’ name that You will continue to flood Your unity, strength and wisdom into Galilea and her husband. Please comfort them, and keep their faith strong. Help them to remain close and loving always, and guide them in all Your ways of goodness and love. I honour You for their marriage, in their desire to love You above all and others as they wish to be treated, as Jesus has taught.

Please give them discernment in how to respond to and in dealing with their families. Please help them to grow in peace and to find comfort in the knowledge that it is by quiet faithful example and witness of true gospel and Sacramental living, and much prayer, can their families at last come to You in faith and practice.
“Glory to Him whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine.” [Ephesians 3:20]
Therefore, “be patient…until the Lord’s coming. Think of a farmer, how patiently he waits for the precious fruit of the ground until it has the autumn rains and the spring rains. [James 5:7]

Father, please give their families reassurance in their fears that, on the one side that she, on the other side her husband, is causing their child or sibling to become in their view too intense, and in their view, intrusive regarding religion, just as we would if proselytized by agnostics or other creeds, as all believe themselves to possess the truth.

Father, please help everyone in the family to treat each other as they themselves wish to be treated, as Jesus taught. As obviously the two families feel intruded upon by what they find is too many references to religion, in exasperation they are therefore hardening their hearts against religion and against this marriage, because they love and wish to protect their child or sibling from this influence. They love their own daughter/sister, son/brother too much, to think it can be their one loved one’s fault. Father please heal the families and give them peace, so that they can feel …not distressed by the couple… but comforted that the couple are blessed in each other. The families are weary enough of what they feel is intrusive belief sharing that they are as angry as disturbed bees, feeling that their child or sibling needs to be broken away from the influence of the other. Please help everyone to realise that for any one, or any group of the family to try to impose their will or convictions or intentions on anyone else is a kind of assault to which none of us take kindly.

Eternal Father please Yourself prepare the hearts of the families for faith, and let You seeds grow in secret, however long that takes. Come, Holy Spirit…

With kindest love, Trishie :grouphug:

Praying For Your Marriage
Grandma Glor

Praying…:gopray2:

Mommyof4, Whatevergirl, Thephoenix, Gail OCDS, Trishie, Grandmaglor, Cagrl

Thankyou all for the generous charity of your heartfelt prayers. The sincere love that I can read between your words, brings comfort to my spirit. After belonging to a loving catholic family, all of my life, it has been quite difficult to walk this walk now. All my life, being the youngest child, I was loved, protected, and taught the catholic faith. It is mind blowing, that those same people would attack me now, for practicing what they themselves taught me. But my heart is filled with love and gratitude towards them, for the biggest gift they have given me, is loving the Trinity and my Catholic church :slight_smile: .
This all started when my father passed away, he was our rock, and our loving diciplinarian. I wish more men knew, how important they are in a family. For my husband, it has always been this way from childhood. His dad died when he was only a little boy, and ever since he has been looking for God on his own and depending on Gods love, for he had no spirituality at home and a whole lot of abuse and neglect.
But we are happy people, reguardless of the circumstances. We ask for prayer, because one has to recognise the challenges of humanity and the dangers that society impose on marriages and family. But the Lord our God has been good to us, through all this, and only great things can come out of these trials. God bless all of you!

God bless you for the gratitude for all that is good in your lives, even though there are painful difficulties.
:harp:
I pray that all will be well and that love will always triumph in your family, Galilea

God bless and be with your family. Love and live the Faith…

Loving Father, please send Your Holy Spirit to these families so that their eyes may be opened by You. Open their hearts so that they may feel the love for each other that You would have them feel. Open their minds so they may see the wisdom of Your ways. Help them to reconcile themselves to each other and to You. Give them peace so that they may be peaceful to others. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. AMEN

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee:
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

Father, you alone know the hearts and minds of these family members. We ask you to heal them and grant them understanding. Remove all those who seek to harm or destroy this husband and wife. Grant this couple your ultimate peace and comfort. Guide them to do your will. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ!
AMEN

Simonx, SweetHart, Pyropam

Thankyou for your prayers, they are received with much love. God bless you all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.