Prayer Against a Strike

This was the first place I thought of when I heard the news that the college faculty where my wife attends may go on strike. It his her last semester of her last year, and our family really needs her to graduate so that she can become the nurse she's always wanted to be. We sunk a lot of money into her education.
What prayers are there for something such as this, asking that both sides come to a peaceful resolution without wreaking havoc on many thousands of students?
I ask for prayers and guidance and I pray that reason will prevail.

Praying that the faculty doesn't go on strike ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying hard.

Lord, please help this issue get resolved without any strike. Please help these students get their degrees this year. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Our Father...
Hail Mary...
Glory be...

Amen.

Holy Spirit of God please inspire the college faculty and anyone else involved in negotiations to act with wisdom and justice towards each other and towards those relying on their education and graduation, including TJR’s wife.
Please also help with subsequent employment for the graduating students.

Thank You Holy Spirit who can do more than we can ask or imagine

*“This…is what I pray before the Father from whom every family, whether spiritual or natural, takes its name: Out of His infinite glory, may He give you the power through His Spirit for your hidden self to grow strong, so that Christ may live in your hearts through faith, and then, planted in love and built on love, you will with all the saints have strength to grasp the breadth and the length, the height and the depth; until, knowing the love of Christ, which is beyond all knowledge, you are filled with the utter fullness of God.” *
Glory be to Him whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine; glory be to Him from generation to generation in the Church and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever. Amen.”[Ephesians 3: 14-21]

Thanks everyone. I am praying hard and will incorporate every prayer included in this thread.
Sincerely,
TJR

Friend,

Lifting you and your wife in prayer … asking God for peaceful collaboration and negotiation.

Peace,
Kathleen

“I am simply content to find myself always imperfect, and in this I find my joy. Good deeds count as nothing, if done without love” ~ St. Therese of Lisieux

[quote="kathleen52, post:7, topic:182222"]
Friend,

Lifting you and your wife in prayer ... asking God for peaceful collaboration and negotiation.

Peace,
Kathleen

"I am simply content to find myself always imperfect, and in this I find my joy. Good deeds count as nothing, if done without love" ~ St. Therese of Lisieux

[/quote]

Thank you very much.

Today’s the day where the fate of hundreds of thousands of students’ education is in the hands of a select few bargainers.
Please pray with me for reason, sincerity, peace and love in the resolution of this matter so that students may continue to learn and not be used as bargaining chips.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

Okay, the vote was close: 57% in favour of a strike; however, that does not necessarily mean they well go on strike. It allows for the option to go on strike and is supposed to kick-start dialogue that has otherwise been stagnant.
Consequently, I will be praying that the dialogues go well and peacefully and that the matter is resolved without a work stoppage.
I pray that Jesus’s teachings will be in everyone’s mind during this trying ordeal.

I will pray that the issue resolves itself without a strike so that your wife and the many other students may continue with their learning. :gopray2:

Well it looks like all the prayers were heard:
thestar.com/news/ontario/article/763790--college-strike-narrowly-averted-probably?bn=1
Man, that's such good news. But it's close though...hopefully the recount will also show positive results.

praying

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.