Prayer and Advice Needed for Convert

Hi all,

This Sunday I am starting RCIA for Baptized non-Catholic Individuals at my local parish, with plans to be confirmed on June 12. My absence from my Anglican parish will be conspicuous (I’ve been very involved) and I don’t want my husband, who will be there, to have to lie for me. But I don’t know how to break the news to my friends that I’m doing this. It’s been almost 4 years of intense research and prayer, and at the beginning of the process I was open about it, but became very secretive after being met with some antagonism. This will seem like it’s coming out left field for my friends, and I don’t know how to tell them. But I need to. So, prayer, and advice from Protestants who converted would be helpful. Thank you.

-Marie

Welcome home. My prayers for you.

First pray. Then, tell your friends that your decision is the result of almost 4 years of intense research and prayer.

Don’t argue with them about religion or anything else. Don’t try to convince them that they should convert. Let them know that you are not open to discussion about this decision.

Just tell them that you love them, and that you will pray for them, and ask that they do the same for you.

There will be antagonism. The devil will do all he can to keep you from being confirmed. Don’t let him win.

Your real friends will accept you and your decision.

Welcome home. My prayers for you.

Praying that you will have peace about this whole issue. May you keep praying and doing all the good you are doing to enter the Church and let your friends ask you about it if you are too afraid to tell them. May the Lord continue to guide you and bring you home to his Church this June 12. Amen.

Praying for peace for you as you make this transition. I am facing some of the same issues, although not on the same scale.

Lord, hear our prayers

Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Thanks everyone! And I just know noticed the sticky about not asking for advice in this part of the forums; oops :blush:. So thank you for your prayers, and I’ll find another place to seek advisement.

Praying for you.

I’m praying for you. I’m a recent convert myself. God bless you.

Pro 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

We trust in Your will and guidance, Lord

An Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be and a Fatima Prayer for your intentions. Grant dear Lord that she won’t lose any friends over her conversion, that her friends will be supportive of her decision. + Amen.

Congratulations on taking the first steps to the CC!

Praying for you …

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.