Prayer and Family

Hi Guys I need some advice...

I have a wife and a one year child that I love very much. My wife is not really into praying that much we might pray the angelus once in a while but that’s it. I want to focus more on a prayerful life that I strongly feel I’m neglecting but at the same time whenever I pray I feel guilty for neglecting my family.

I offer my daily work to the Lord but I do not sense the closeness with our Lord if I don’t make time for him alone.

I wake up extra early to pray before anyone else is awake but my son being so young randomly wakes up to which I must attend to change him etc. constantly interrupting my prayers.

I’m divided and not sure what to do...

God bless,

[quote="Augustine3, post:1, topic:254562"]

I wake up extra early to pray before anyone else is awake but my son being so young randomly wakes up to which I must attend to change him etc. constantly interrupting my prayers.

[/quote]

When you offer the act of changing your son to the Lord,
it becomes a prayer
so in that case you are not ending your prayer
but continuing it.

:blessyou:

I would talk to your wife about praying together. You could do a rosary together every day. It will strengthen your marriage in ways you might never know. Schedule it for a time when she is not stressed, you might be surprised that she is happy to pray with you. I would do just about anything for my husband to pray with me. Let your wife know that you are praying FOR her, too. And ask her to pray for you.

Can you make it to adoration at least once a week? I find that spending time in front of Jesus clears my heart and mind like no other form of prayer. I don't even have to be saying any prayers, I just sit there and feel His peace.

As your baby grows up, teach him to pray. It's not too soon to start training him to put his little hands together and bow his head. He will pick this up from you as he sees you praying before meals, etc. Pray with him and over him before he goes to bed.

You can pray during your commute, say the Lord's Prayer or the Hail Mary at stoplights. Depending on traffic, you might get a decade or two of the rosary said before you get to work!

Put a rosary screen saver on your computer. Every time you look at it, say a bead or two.

Just a few thoughts for you. Enjoy that little boy, they grow up in a flash! :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.