Prayer and info Help request: Having trouble saying the Rosary and Hail Mary's

Hi Im still new here. The last few times I prayed the Rosary I had nightmare dreams of evil spirit women repeating the Hail Mary to me in a sarcastic tone. I also fear that saying the Hail Mary might put me in hell because protestants have said its worshipping Mary. I Don dislike MAry but I dont want to offend Jesus either? And because of this fear and confusion I have not said the Rosary in 6 months. Any prayer and information of the acceptance Jesus has that we say a prayer to Mary and the Rosary would be great and also that I start saying the Rosary again.

How can one offend Jesus by loving and speaking to his mother. Would you be offended if someone cared about your Mom asked your Mom if she could help with something? Probably not!

Woman of faith, pray for us

Dear Mother Mary, you have been honoured, blessed, and gifted by God. You are our mother because in figure of John, Jesus gave us to you as your children as He hung dying on the cross. We ask you to speak to God on our behalf.

**It was through your faith that Jesus first manifested His power at Cana, thus beginning His work before the appointed time. Although it concerned neither life nor death, nor eternal salvation but the human feelings of others, He granted your trusting prayer. **Such was your faith, and God’s love for you, Saint of all saints! Therefore, we trust our prayer to Your faith in God!

You see everything that we need in service of God, and all that we desire for each other. You feel the aching of our hearts and hear our longing prayers. You behold our faith, our repentance, and our love.

Stand not silently by, Mother! Our Father, your Son, and the Holy Spirit who overshadowed you and blessed you with our Saviour—They cannot refuse you!

Please give us your unfailing intercession before God … We stand humbly before you, Mother, and entreat you with our hearts, minds, and spirits…Mother!

Don’t be afraid to say the Hail Mary or the Rosary. I have awful dreams sometimes when I fall asleep when I’m trying to pray. But if I wake up and pray it stops. The Hail Mary is just the words of the angel, the words of Elizabeth, and an acknowledgement that the fruit of her womb is Jesus, and she is the holy Mother of God. Then we simply ask her to pray for us.
Lord, help Buellir to pray with confidence and faith and to be comfortable with the Rosary. Amen.

Mary, woman of faith

When humankind first sinned against our Creator, God immediately condemned the tempter, saying, “ I will make you enemies of each other: you and the woman, your offspring and her offspring. It will crush your head.” [Genesis 3:15] Mary, whom Jesus made mother of all persons from the cross, [John 19:26-27] please, with the Angels, fight the ancient enemy in our lives, for sake of the redemption that your Son won for us.

You were obedient: “I am the handmaid of the Lord, let what you have said is done to me.” [Luke 1:38]

You were unselfish and kind. Although yourself pregnant, you hurried to assist your older cousin in her pregnancy as soon as Gabriel informed you of it. God rewarded your faith and love by allowing the Spirit to speak to through Elizabeth:
Of all women you are the most blessed, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. Why should I be honoured by a visit from the mother of my Lord? For the moment that your greeting reached my ears, the child in my womb leapt for joy. Yes, blessed is she who believed that the promise made her by the Lord would be fulfilled.” [Luke 1:39-45]

In you, the Spirit responded,
“My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord
and my spirit exults in God my saviour;
because He has looked upon His lowly handmaid.
Yes, from this day forward all generations will call me blessed,
for the Almighty has done great things for me. Holy is His name,
and His mercy reaches from age to age for those who fear him.
He has shown the power of His arm, He has routed the proud of heart.
He has pulled down princes from their thrones and exalted the lowly.
The hungry He has filled with good things, the rich sent empty away.
He has come to the help of Israel his servant, mindful of His mercy
—according to the promises He made to our ancestors—
of His mercy to Abraham and to his descendants forever.” [Luke 1:46-79]

Mary, you rejoiced for the blessing given to you, and for those given to all persons through the Child whom you carried in your womb—for we also are descendants of Abraham, by faith. [Romans 4:12] You, in this loving concern for others, interceded for their needs even while on earth, exhorting them to obedient faith like your own, “**do whatever He tells you”. He initially reproved you—“My hour is not yet come.” **[John 2:4, 5] However, He granted your humble request even though it wasn’t even a matter of life or death.

Woman of faith, although your life held many perplexities and seeming inconsistencies, you treasured and pondered these brief manifestations of divine action in your Son’s life without losing your humble trust. [Luke 2:19-20]

Jesus loves and values Mary.
Perhaps this love that Jesus has for Mary may help you to feel more comfortable about her place in the Church.

At the Wedding feast of Cana, Mary pointed out to Jesus that the hosts of the wedding feast were running out of wine. It wasn’t a matter of life or death, but certainly one of losing face, embaressment fot the family. Jesus at first protested at the notion of helping in this. He reminded His mother that it was not yet time for Him to begin His public mission.'My time has not yet come." Mary, woman of faith, simply told the servant to do whatever Jesus told them to…and he worked the miracle of changing water into wine anyway, ahead of planned time for public miracles, just because his mother asked Him to. ( John 1:1-12)

One of the last things Jesus did as He hung in agony on the cross, was to provide a carer and a home for His mother. “When Jesus then saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” And from that moment the disciple made a place for her in his home” ( John 19:26-27)

God bless you…Trishie

• Perhaps you could pray, if not done so already, that the evil spirit woman goes away
  • Praying the Hail Mary is praying God’s words and a bit added by Chrst’s Bride - the Church
  • A doxology is added to the Lord’s prayer (for thine is the kingdom etc)
  • Us Catholics don’t worship Mary but we do call her blessed as scripture commands
  • Mary can interceede just as we might pray for a sick friend
  • St Paul tells us to interceede St James says the prayer of a just person avails much - how much more the Mother of God
  • Christ’s first miracle was at the intercession of his mother
  • The Rosary has been called the Gosepel for the blind
  • Meditating on His life would surley not offend Him
  • Honoring his mother (He honord her!) would surely not offend him
  • I love meditating on the myseteris and fruits thereof
  • It centres me and sets my focus on Christ and not wordly things

God bless and peace.

Praying for you my friend…know that our Lady is there for you and always points to her son, our Lord, Jesus Christ. Let us ask Mary to intercede and take your fears and struggles to Our Lord…Amen…

Praying hard for you. I believe Jesus loves his mother Mary and is pleased with those who say the Rosary. I have said it daily for the past 19 years and plan to continue doing so for the rest of my days.

It’s the devil trying to exploit one of your doubts and insecurities. Just ignore him and let him know you aren’t buying what he’s peddling. I forget what saint this was, but one night the devil came to her and tried to frighten her by saying all these horrible things. She just turned around and said, “Oh, it’s you again.” and rolled over and went back to sleep.

Basically, don’t give the devil any power over you and he’ll go away. Ironically, the more you pray the rosary, the more he’ll leave you alone. He’s just trying to catch you early on to see if he can discourage you before you become too strong for him to handle.

As you know, dreams are like shadows and clouds.
After a nightmare we must remind ourselves- dreams are not real! :slight_smile:

Faithful attendance at Mass and regular Confession,
reading the Bible, and continual Prayer is
good advice for all of us to overcome life’s issues.

That you may be strong in your faith-

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Mary, I recommend your son Buellir to you. Intercede for him and ask your Son Jesus to help Buellir ignore what Protestants say and help him to embrace his Catholic faith without fear. May he not suffer from bad dreams anymore and should he be persecuted again by them, may he resist the thought of not praying the rosary. They’ll soon go away. Amen.

Hi Buellir,

Why don’t you join the rosary group on this forum. There are lots of people there who love praying the rosary and can answer your questions.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace, The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our deaths

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.