Prayer Book for Eucharistic Adoration?

Hi all-

I was hoping someone could recommend a good prayer book for Eucharistic Adoration? I'm looking for any and all suggestions, but I was specifically hoping to find a more "traditional" prayer book. Even a general prayer book that contains a good section on visits to the Blessed Sacrament. Lastly, if possible, I was hoping to find one that is portable and finely bound. I know! I know! Pretty specific, but worth a shot. Again, I welcome all suggestions, regardless of whether they fit all of the above specifications.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help! God bless!

Ron

This one amazon.com/Praying-Presence-Our-Lord-Eucharistic/dp/0879735864 by Father Benedict Groeschel is good, but it is a paperback (not finely bound).

It is now part of a whole series: amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=%22Praying+In+The+Presence+Of+Our+Lord%22+groeschel . I have not personally used the rest of them, but one may appeal to you.

Thanks for the recommendation! I appreciate the response. I’ll definitely check out Groeschel’s books.

There is one published in Australia called *I the Lord Am With You Always *by Christine McCarthy - also available in Italian. If you enter the title into Google an article on the book comes up and also websites in the USA which sell the book.

most hard cover missals contain a section of Eucharistic prayers for that purpose

the traditional Eucharistic hymns, Pange Lingua etc are also valuable resources and can be read almost like the psalms

Fr. Groeschel has a couple of handbook size books intended for this purpose which are the resoureces I found most helpful when I returned to this wonderful practice.

Fr. Hardon's little pocket size prayerbook is the one I usually have when I am travelling and there is a wealth of material for mediation there. I share your preference for a book with a good binding, acid free paper, pleasant feel to the cover, which this book has.

What you would probably like is Fr. F.X. Lasance’s ‘Blessed Sacrament Book’ or ‘Visits to Jesus in the Tabernacle’

The etexts are here. They’re out of print but sometimes they show up on ebay, and similar places.

Here are a couple I like:

moscompany.com/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=3746507&showprevnext=1

tanbooks.com/index.php/page/shop:flypage/product_id/569/

aquinasandmore.com/catholic-books/With-Us-Today/sku/20266

If it’s by Fr. Lasance it’s good. :thumbsup: And of course St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori.

[quote="ronteed, post:1, topic:183229"]
Hi all-

I was hoping someone could recommend a good prayer book for Eucharistic Adoration? I'm looking for any and all suggestions, but I was specifically hoping to find a more "traditional" prayer book. Even a general prayer book that contains a good section on visits to the Blessed Sacrament. Lastly, if possible, I was hoping to find one that is portable and finely bound. I know! I know! Pretty specific, but worth a shot. Again, I welcome all suggestions, regardless of whether they fit all of the above specifications.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help! God bless!

Ron

[/quote]

The Holy Hour of Reparation (1945) is an outstanding Holy Hour used at Adoration .CMJ Marian Publishers p.o. Box 661 Oak Lawn Il 60454.

You can't go wrong with "Christian Prayer". That's always my #1 book for adoration.

I must say that Fr. Benedict Groeschel's book of prayers for adoration was probably my original favorite. The Handbook of Indulgences is also a favorite as it packs a lot of marvelous prayers and litanies that are especially favored by the church.

Hi,

this is the best one I’ve ever come across :slight_smile:

“Visits to the Most Blessed Sacrament and the Blessed Virgin Mary” by St Alphonsus Liguori
stalphonsusbalt.org/stavisits.htm

it’s available online (in the above link), I also bought it at a Catholic bookstore for around 5-7 dollars (Canadian). It’s published by TAN.

the book is great, and is also portable :wink:

God bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.