Prayer corner

I am thrilled that my order of "our Lady of Grace" and standing Crucifix have been shipped and will be here soon.
I plan to put them on a small table with candles in my bedroom and make it sort of a prayer corner.
My question is, the table once housed a buddist statue. Is that table acceptable to use. I do not wish to defile the Lady of Grace" and standing Crucifix!

[quote="IneedGod, post:1, topic:296566"]
I am thrilled that my order of "our Lady of Grace" and standing Crucifix have been shipped and will be here soon.
I plan to put them on a small table with candles in my bedroom and make it sort of a prayer corner.
My question is, the table once housed a buddist statue. Is that table acceptable to use. I do not wish to defile the Lady of Grace" and standing Crucifix!

[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with that. The Pantheon in Rome used to be a Pagan temple that got converted into a Church.

Thank you so much. I really wanted to be sure before it gets here!

It's always a great idea to have a prayer corner blessed when the priest comes for dinner ;)

;)
Good idea but how do I do that? I know that father is very busy......

Call the parish and ask if Father would like to come for supper. Priests do occasionally eat… :wink:

LOL yes I suppose they do dont they!
I will try to gather up my courage and do that :wink:

Also a splash of Holy Water.

I got my order in so here it is: My prayer corner

you best tell him why he wanted at supper so he can bring his 'bag' too. Otherwise he may think its just a simple night out with a church family as such. But also he will know to put more effort in because if he thinks its just supper and something comes up that is of the same level he will know how to prioritise the request. Something more serious yes the other request comes first but. Anyway best let him know he has a specific duty to perform at supper and its not all play and no work per se

[quote="englishredrose, post:10, topic:296566"]
you best tell him why he wanted at supper so he can bring his 'bag' too. Otherwise he may think its just a simple night out with a church family as such. But also he will know to put more effort in because if he thinks its just supper and something comes up that is of the same level he will know how to prioritise the request. Something more serious yes the other request comes first but. Anyway best let him know he has a specific duty to perform at supper and its not all play and no work per se

[/quote]

Thank you, good advice I will do that:thumbsup:

I was wondering if I could add incense. I googled the question for a CAF answer and it looks like it would be ok.
The table has a shelf underneath where I have a book with prayers. I thought of putting it there.

Beautiful!

I feel very rude asking this, but would you mind sharing where you got your Our Lady of Grace statue? She’s beautiful. I have been shopping around looking for one, but most I have seen have blonde hair. I would love a statue like yours.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

I got my "Our Lady of Grace through Autom"
Here is a new pic that includes the shelf and incense.
Sorry its blurry but its off my phone, its easy to upload it from there.

Thank you!

[quote="IneedGod, post:9, topic:296566"]
I got my order in so here it is: My prayer corner

[/quote]

Wow, that's beautiful!! God bless you! :)

It seems to be evolving-growing. Someone gave me things for it. :slight_smile:

Nearest to my prayer corner is my garden as I feel closest to God outside along with listening to and watching the birds, insects and being inspired by nature in general. I am working on developing the garden into some kind of woodland style peace garden to be just that. It will take time as hardly any money and not much insight either which don’t help. I have really connected there this year. Pity help me if in for a bad winter but I can keep working out my ideas through in some way and keep plodding. I have neighbours either side and one side the fence is tall enough but the other side barely a fence to speak of. I don’t want to insult him as such by putting one up even if I could afford it but I would like that bit more privacy when they are out there I can feel like I can be out there and not watching one another. And I know his lady friend when she is there if I am already out there she won’t stay out and we aren’t watching one another but just that little bit too visible etc. But have no money and the poor fence is my side of the property but want something that looks apleasing to the woodland theme setting that costs yeh nothing ideally.
Good luck and have you asked the priest yet?

[quote="englishredrose, post:18, topic:296566"]
Nearest to my prayer corner is my garden as I feel closest to God outside along with listening to and watching the birds, insects and being inspired by nature in general. I am working on developing the garden into some kind of woodland style peace garden to be just that. It will take time as hardly any money and not much insight either which don't help. I have really connected there this year. Pity help me if in for a bad winter but I can keep working out my ideas through in some way and keep plodding. I have neighbours either side and one side the fence is tall enough but the other side barely a fence to speak of. I don't want to insult him as such by putting one up even if I could afford it but I would like that bit more privacy when they are out there I can feel like I can be out there and not watching one another. And I know his lady friend when she is there if I am already out there she won't stay out and we aren't watching one another but just that little bit too visible etc. But have no money and the poor fence is my side of the property but want something that looks apleasing to the woodland theme setting that costs yeh nothing ideally.
Good luck and have you asked the priest yet?

[/quote]

No I have not ask yet. I hope to soon though.
Have you considered perhaps some shrubbery to give privacy in keeping it natural?

yes I have and I am trying to actually train up a blackberry thing that was already there and make that into some kind of screen because that fence is along side the veg plot too. But don't know if that will work?:)

Will you be brave enough to ask your priest tomorrow at Sunday Service (or is sunday today for you guys with the time zone thing?)on the way out as you leave? Or if he doesn't do things like that then perhaps set yourself a little dead line and email him by Tuesday?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.