Prayer fo rthe repose of the soul of my Mum

Greetings all,

A few weeks back I posted a thread on this forum asking your prayers for my Mum and Dad. My Mum had been diagnosed with aggressive cancer and given six months to live. On Wednesday 11 Feb 2009, at 3.30 AM my Mum passed away.

I most humbly thank you all for your prayers, for I believed they were answered; my Mum now has an end to her physical suffering, rather than being in pain and wasting away over six months or so, she collapsed at home last night, was taken to hospital and died a few hours later with her family around her. We all had the chance to say goodbye and she received the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick.

Once more you have my heartfelt gratitude for your prayers and thoughts. I would now only ask that you pray for the repose of her soul and its quick journey to Heaven.

Thank you all so much again.

:crossrc:

My next daily Mass for the repose of her soul, and for all affected by her passing.

Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace. Amen.

Eternal rest grant to her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her; May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.
Amen

Loving God,

We pray for the peaceful and happy repose of the soul of Jakob’s Mum and that she may receive her reward as St. Paul wrote in his second letter to Timothy, Chapter 4: “I have competed well; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith. From now on the crown of righteousness awaits me, which the Lord, the just judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me, but to all who have longed for his appearance”. Please bless and receive dear Mum into your house, Father, that she may live with you and your son Jesus. Please comfort Jakob and all the family as they have lost the strong Mum who cared for them all these years and was a backbone of the family. Please help them to pray and offer thanks for your grace and mercy in Mum’s life.

Let us also be comforted by the words in St. Paul’s first letter to the Thessalonians, Chapter 4: “If we believe that Jesus died and rose, so too will God, through Jesus, bring with him those who have fallen asleep”.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Jakob your news really hit me. I didn’t think it would be so soon. I’m so sorry, Love.
I thank the Lord that her suffering is over, and ask Him to help you and your siblings. This has been such a strange week for you in the middle of the fire and rescue issues and now this.
You, and your family have been and will be very much in my thoughts and prayers. My love to you all.
Your friend and fellow Aussie,
Trishie

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Dear Jakob,
Sorry for the loss of your Mum, and hoping that you know we pray she goes into the light ,and Gods loving hands,knowing this will somewhat ease your grief…so glad to hear she did not have to suffer anymore…Your sis in Christ, Warmly, LynneMarie

praying

So sorry for your loss, may she rest in peace and God comfort your family!

Praying for your mum.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord. And may Your Perpetual Light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.
Amen.

Jakob, remembering your Mum, your Dad, and you all at Mass.
God bless you…Trishie

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Please take the soul and spirit of jakobsprenger;s Mum into the sweetest corner of Your mind, the most tender place in Your heart, that she might be comforted. I pray dear God for her family to have the strength to remember she has not gone far. For she is with You and shall remain so forever. The cord that binds us one to the other cannot be cut, surely not by death because we are all bound to You Lord. For You, dear God, have brought us together and we remain in eternal connection. There is no power greater than You. Death is not Your master, nor jakobsprenger’s Mum’s family. Help jakobsprenger 's family to belive and register in their heart these things. May they surrender to You their grief. May they surrender to You their pain. Please take care of Your servant, jakobsprenger;s Mom who has passed. And please, dear Lord, take care of jakobsprenger’s family and friends.
Amen

Hi

I will keep your Mum in my prayers. I just lost my mom December 26, 2008 and she too was supposed to have only months to live, but I think mine and my sisters prayers were answered. She went into the Hospice on 12/24/08 and died 12/26/08. May both of their souls rest in peace before God’s Eternal Love.

Your mother’s soul and your family are in my prayers. Bless you.

:signofcross: :gopray2:

O Lord, receive the soul of your faithful servant and to her grant rest and peace:crossrc: I will hold you all in my prayers today.

My heartfelt condolences to you Jakob Sprenger! It must be especially hard coming on the heels of your family being affected by the fires, even if there was no loss of life. Wishing you and all your mother’s loved ones and friends strength to come to terms with the loss and live with the pain.

Your mother is safely in God’s arms.

Fellow Aussie

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.