Prayer for a Family

My father has walked out on my family as of a few days ago.

He’s left his phone off, and he’s disappeared off the face of the planet for all we know. He took $20,000 or so, and that’s the last we heard of him. This is killing my mom; as many arguments as they’ve had for the past 20+ years, she’s still desperately in love with him. Now she fears that he is seeking a divorce, and it’s breaking her apart.

I’m the only practicing Catholic in my family, so I would like to ask that please… please, if you could find it in your hearts, join me in praying for my family, and for families everywhere in trouble.

Pray that my father’s hardened heart might be moved to compassion so that he might remember his wedding vows. Pray that he might be like St. Joseph, kind and understanding.

Pray that my mother’s hurt might be alleviated by a renewed faith in the Lord. Pray that this pain draws her nearer to Christ’s sacrifice, and that because of it, she might grow.

Pray that he might return, and be the protector and provider he’s always been to my family.

And please, pray that my siblings are comforted in this time of pain; pray that the Lord keep them close to His heart.

I would give my life to see my family together, so I’m asking nothing for myself. Just keep them in your prayers… I would be extremely grateful.

prayers to the Holy Family for you and your family.

kate

Dear St Joseph, you are the perfect model for all husbands and fathers everywhere … please intercede for this family in all their needs!

:signofcross:

I am praying:

May the Holy Family help your family overcome this painful separation and find the love to forgive, forget and be together again.

:grouphug:

Alma

Amen.

Dear Lord hear our prayers for JLONGORIA’S DAD , THAT HE WILL COME TO HIS SENSES AND RETURN HOME AS THE PRODIGAL SON DID TO HIS FATHER . LORD HEAL THIS FAMILY . Lord strengthen JLongoria’s mother as she endures heartbreak and let JLongoria be helpful in giving her mother strength to not give up . Lord lead your child JLongoria’s father home to his family . I thank you dear Lord, in the name of Jesus, amen . God bless this family , John

Praying for you and your intentions - with fervency.

Prayers spromised

LORD Jesus
Guide Ur Children .

+JMJTJ+

Your Father will be in my prayers for his conversion of heart.
May God bless you and all your loved ones with strength and peace in this trial.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you +

No updates as of yet. Still not answering calls, no word from anyone.

Thank you all, my brothers and sisters, for your prayers.

Merciful Father of all Creation, look with Your unfathomable love upon this family, comforting them with Your promises. As the prodigal son wandered far from those he loved, Lord, graciously speak to the heart of this father, bringing him to his senses. As he contemplates the rashness of his actions, may his heart be softened to see the pain he has caused. In their sorrow, draw the family together so that faith may be restored within them. By the power and fervency of their prayers, Lord, grant that the Holy Spirit draw the father and mother back together in unity, as they vowed before You on that day when You made them one flesh. Fill their hearts with compassion and forgiveness in reflection of Your Spirit. We ask this, most merciful Father, through Christ, our Lord, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God forever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

Praying very hard for your family!

I’ll be praying for you and your family.

My dad just came home, gave me a hug, and said he was sorry.

I don’t know what’s going to happen, though; he’s been so volatile in the past, so I don’t know if this is just a break in the storm.

Please, continue praying for him; and thank you all very much for all your prayers thusfar. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

Christ is filled with grace and the Holy Spirit. Let us proclaim his greatness and trustfully ask him:

• Lord, give us your Spirit.

Make our day happy, without disturbance, without sin,
so that when we reach evening we can praise you joyfully with pure hearts.
May your radiance shine on us through the day:
guide the work of our hands.
Watch over us: let us do good in peace
and do what is right, with the strength you give us.
Look kindly on all who have asked for our prayers
and fill them with good things, both in body and in soul.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Lord, be with us in all we plan and help us in all we do,
so that our every action begins from you
and is completed through you.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

O, Holy Spirit, Your blessed action on this man’s heart are the mark of faith! Speak to his heart in those lonely and quiet times Most Holy Spirit, softening his heart. Create in him a satisfaction with and a desire for reunion with the family that awaits him. Calm his spirit and grant him true contrition, which leads to love of the Father, Son and You, O blessed Paraclete! Amen! Alleluia!

Father please send the fullness of the Holy Spirit into this Dad and into all of the family, healing and inspiring and giving our gifts to them. I ask this in the name of Jesus

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.