Prayer for a friend who is trap in darkness

Hello valiant warriors out there, I would like to ask for prayers for my friend MN. He is a very close friend with my fiancee and also a friend to me whom we met in college. Lately however, he is falling into a deep skepticism and darkness of the heart. He must be suffering greatly but instead of seeing himself and what his dark thoughts are doing to him, he is lashing out. He has become very anti-God and seemingly against what he imagines the Catholic faith is. He was not always like this, he claimed to be Buddhist/atheist when we first met. He enjoyed the company of others and was a life and let life type of guy for the most part. Some things though he would feel is wrong and should be avoided. But over the years each concession he gave away from morality lead to more concessions.

Now we are very worried that he will be suffering for a long time. I personally have hope that he can bounce out of this if he creates a bottom to hit. But if despair, anger, and resentment can really twist the mind and make it feel like there is no firm ground. Please those that will pray for him to share your intentions with mine in the particularities that I should not mention here.

Thank you everyone. I am a witness of how effective your prayers have been and is being.

-StillWondering.

Praying for your friend…

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Father You created MN with deep love, giving him his gift of self and an eternal destiny of peace and happiness. He does not know who he is in You, a loved son redeemed by Your own beloved divine Son. Please find him to Yourself, as he does not know how to find You.

St. Monica, pray for us.
Praying for your friend. Just as St. Augustine was found by God through the prayers of her mother, let us not cease praying for those who are lost and whose lives we believe will be founded in Christ because He has wonderful plans for us all.
Amen.

Dear Lord, please walk with MN and show him the love that You have for him. Increase his faith in You, and guide him to Your truth. In Jesus name we pray.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

O Good St. Anne
you who cured the sick
and laid a healing hand upon the lame,
the blind, and the crippled,
look with compassion upon me in my trouble.

If it is not God’s Will to cure me,
give me strength to bear my burden
and offer it up to Him,
who suffered so much for me.

Give me grace to offer my sufferings
in union with Jesus’,
in reparation for my sins and those of others,
for the needs of this troubled world,
and for the release of the souls in purgatory.

O Good St. Anne, compassionate mother,
pray for your weary child.

Amen.

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.