Prayer for a job -- even part-time

Due to bad circumstances, I have been under-employed for several years, working as an independent contractor for different people – project work.

After a fall at home about 5 months ago, my part-time job (independent contractor) let me go because I could not travel to and from work because of my leg.

I ask for prayers. That my leg heals (no insurance) and that I can find some part-time work to meet my expenses. I’ve been praying, but feel very lost.

Thank you all, and God Bless.

I have a regular account, but would rather not post under my known name because this is all very embarrassing to me to be in this situation at my age.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Dearest Christ Jesus, Yourself a tradesman here on Earth, be most merciful to those keeping body and soul together by the work of their hands. Grant us elegant solutions and Your abundant life lived in the spirit of the poor, loving You, not money. Keep, we pray, our hearts and minds, bodies and souls, wholesome and pure, keeping us grateful in all things, even the trials You send us. Perfect us in faith, hope, and most of all charity for You; and love of our neighbor for the love of You. Make us salt and light, a beacon on a hill, to witness to Your providence though the nations mock, “Where is their God?” Surrounded by a cloud of witnesses, with the holy angels encamped about us, we thank You for our unity through the Holy Spirit, and beg You to let us actualize all the potential You gave us for the honor and glory of our Father, dearest Abba. AMEN

Lord, please come to Politica’s assistance and make haste to help her. Please meet her spiritual and temporal needs and help her to carry her cross courageously. Grant her the graces she needs to persevere and lead her to the position you want for her. May your holy will be done in her life with no obstacles to your holy will. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kindgom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliever us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

May the most just, the most loveable, and the most high Will of God be done, be praised, be fulfilled in all things. Amen.

I am praying for your speedy recovery and that God will lead you to new, hopeful opportunities soon.

May you be healed and may your needs be provided for in accordance with the Holy Will of God. Amen.

May the Lord Jesus Christ heal and provide for all your needs in accordance with his will. Amen.

Thank you everyone and God Bless.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

May the Lord Jesus Christ provide for all of your needs in accordance with his holy and perfect will. Amen.

May all of your needs be provided for according to God’s will.

May God continue to provide for all of your needs. Amen.

Please continue to pray. I’m extremely depressed. I have had to apply for foodstamps, the first time in 62 years. I cannot concentrate. I still have one small and very irregular job, but he waits forever to pay me, that is when he does give me work, and then claims to forget and it’s small sums. I have no unemployment as those benefits ran out. I have been underemployed for 2 years now, working where I can get it but it’s dried up, except for this one infrequent position.

I can’t understand how I got to be in this position at 62 years of age and feel lost. College educated and a para-professional so it’s not as though I am without skills.

I pray, but I can barely concentrate because of my depression, and I don’t really know how to pray for myself because I know it’s so self-centered, yet cannot see a solution.

Thank you all and God Bless everyone.

Greetings Politica,

I will continue to pray for you. Thank you so much for this update.

I know depression can ba5b horrible thing on top of this as well. My friend I would encourtra5you to have frequent recourse to the Sacraments as much as you can. This will greatly help.

I would also wonder if you could benefit from spiritual direction at this time too. I believe it will ba5helpful.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

May the Lord continue to provide for all of your needs according to His Holy and Divine Will. Amen.

Greetings Politica,

I will continue to pray for you.

Depression can be a horrible thing on all of this. I have a few suggestions. Please have frequent recourse to the Sacraments if you can, this will help greatly. Also I feel spiritual direction at this time in your life would be quite helpful.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

Lord Jesus Christ I ask that you will continue to provide for all of Politica’s needs according to your Holy and Divine Will. Amen.

Thank you. My parish has only one priest and I don’t know how to go about finding a spiritual director since he, alone, has to take care of everything. My priest recognizes my depression and my injury and has told me to go to Mass when I am able, which has been sometimes. I do take penance – as recently as the other day, but was closer to another parish with more frequent confession times so it’s easier to confess there – where the priest also said “try and do better.” I had asked about RCIA - I am that desperate despite being a cradle Catholic, but it’s closed to new applicants and I don’t even know if a cradle Catholic can go to RCIA, which may not start again for months.

The leg is getting stronger. My foodstamps application is a mess and I think I will lose my apartment in a few weeks without some regular income.

I know that without faith and devotion, my prayers will not be answered because I am “asking” for myself. I don’t “feel” it – I feel like I’m begging.

And all this preys on me – to be 62 and find oneself in this position at my age.

God Bless everyone.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

May the Lord Jesus Christ provide for all of your needs, dear friend in accordance with His Will. May you be comforted and be at peace. I ask that Jesus will alleviate your depression. Trust in him my friend, cling to HIm for He is clinging to You. :console:

May the Lord Jesus Christ continue to provide for all of your needs in accordance with his will. Amen.

I prayed for you at Mass and Adoration these last few days.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.