Prayer for a new Carmelite sister!

Today, Divine Mercy Sunday, my 18-year-old niece entered the Carmelite monastery in Santa Fe, NM and took the name Sister Mary Faustina of the Divine Mercy. Please pray that she have a strong and holy vocation! And pray for us, her family, as we shed tears of joy!

What a coincidence! My dear friend Kathleen entered into the Carmelite Monastery in Salt Lake City on Friday!

Lord, bless this niece with abundant graces ordered for joy, humility, fortitude, and piety. Send angels to minister to her always, and to lead her joyfully to the eternal banquet of joy and relief. Lead all her friends and family the same. Our Lady, pray with us. Amen.

God Bless your new Bride and her family as they make this new and happy transition into a new stage of life leading up the Eternal Wedding Banquet, which is Heaven. God, Bless all your Brides that they may always find your Joy in what they do. Amen.

May Our Lord in His Divine Mercy grant her faith, joy and perseverence in her vocation! What a joy and a blessing to all of us, every time a generous soul answers the call to the religious life!

Wow! Great news. I’ve always felt a draw towards this group. In fact, at one time was in contact with the one in Salt Lake City. But there were problems and that door was shut to me. May these two young women succeed at this life,because we need all the prayer warriors we can get, and I don’t think we can do better than this. :gopray:
:nun2:

That’s wonderful! I’ll pray for her :slight_smile:

I’ve been doing some work for a new Carmelite monestary in California, helping get the buildings set up and maintenance on the grounds, and it’s been a great experience just being around the Carmelite order.

My brother-in-law, her father, summed it up best: “A man couldn’t ask for a better Son-in-law!”

My heart is Carmel (tho’ as my board name indicates, my brain is Jesuit) because of St. Thérèse of Lisieux & St. Teresa of Avila. I have good friends who will be making their final profession as lay Carmelites in twelve days.

Such splendid joy in these young novices & may they grow to the fullness of Christ in their vocations!

some girl from my town joined a redemptorist convent on divine mercy sunday also.
weird thing was, that convent she joined was beside the place where i used to live before i came to this town, we were the only 2 young people at mass during the week, and i want to be a monk. what a coincidence! i mean what are the chances shed join the one near where i used to live ( which is on the other side of the country).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.