Prayer for a path in life

I pray to Saint Joseph that I find work that I can give myself to and Saint Ignatius that I find a career in my early 40's that I can do well. I haven't worked for a year and I have found it difficult to move to new places over the last 10 years. I found fear and loathing in others when I should have seen their light. I found bullying and animosity when I should have valued myself and others. I pray for strength and love that I can project on to others.

From this I also pray to Saint Jude that I can find God in other people and obey the most important commandments; to love God with my heart, mind and soul and then love my neighbour as I love myself by finding God in me.

Forgive me for being angry and lazy and being frightened for lack of faith. I reach out to you Lord and realise that you were hard working and empathic in your human perfection. You humbled yourself from the divine so that you could give us your salvation.

I pray for other people who are lonely and frightened and find themselves stressed in a World where the self is the most important. I pray that in finding my path I can help other people along the way and never compromise my Christian altruism and empathy by finding the right path in life.

Lord Jesus Christ, only son of the living God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Dear friend praying for your life to improve in 2010.

Father please grant our friend finds a career that will fulfill him and be pleasing to You.
Please grant out friend good health and fortune this year.Amen
Most sweet Jesus,
Redeemer of the human race,
look down upon us humbly prostrate before you.
We are yours, and yours we wish to be;
but to be more surely united with you,
behold each one of us freely consecrates himself today
to your Most Sacred Heart.
Many indeed have never known you;
many, too, despising your precepts, have rejected you.
Have mercy on them all, most merciful Jesus,
and draw them to your Sacred Heart.
Be King, O Lord,
not only of the faithful who have never forsaken you,
but also of the prodigal children who have abandoned you;
grant that they may quickly return to their Father's house,
lest they die of wretchedness and hunger.
Be King of those who are deceived by erroneous opinions,
or whom discord keeps aloof,
and call them back
to the harbor of truth and the unity of faith,
so that soon there may be
but one flock and one Shepherd.
Grant, O Lord, to your Church assurance
of freedom and immunity from harm;
give tranquility of order to all nations;
make the earth resound from pole to pole with one cry:
Praise to the divine Heart that wrought our salvation;
to it be glory and honor for ever. Amen.

Act of Dedication

Lord please grant our friend a job very soon and the right one for his needs.Amen

A Novena Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity for those who are in suffering or distress. Look down on us, we beg of You and grant us the grace which we humbly and earnestly implore, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother to whom You confided us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with You. Amen.

I am praying for you and all your intentions.

Will keep you and your intentions in my prayers…

Lord, I pray that Prodigal_40s considers the possibility of joining a good secular order. May he look around for a strong community with holy members and find one that is healthy to join. The people in it should be better than the petty cold people he’s been encountering, and if he joins an order, he will be able to center his life around his vocation. Lord, it is better for him to center his life around you and a vocation than around a career. Maybe he should even consider becoming a missionary.

I pray that Prodigal_40s always prays for his enemies or persecutors, as his act of love toward them will preserve him from the bitterness and resentment that likes to crop up. When these people maltreat him, may prodigal_40s say the prayer, “Lord Jesus have mercy on us poor sinners” and try and do what he can to discourage their behavior or just “turn his other cheek”, as Jesus commands us all to do. I’m sorry he is suffering from others so much, but a life that gains us merit and builds us spiritually a lot is one that is a way of the cross. May he always have you for comfort and strength on his way to Calvary and the Ressurection and may he get a good, holy spiritual director for spiritual guidance and support. Bless prodigal_40 with a good job and a strong sacramental life and prayer life. Help him to keep strong and faithful and show him your friendship when other people show him their hatred and indifference. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Praying for your intentions …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity for those who are in suffering or distress. Look down on us, we beg of You and grant us the grace which we humbly and earnestly implore, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother to whom You confided us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with You. Amen.

Dear Lord please grant our friend a fullfilling job come his way very soon and his life be positive.Amen
Divine Mercy
Eternal God,
in whom mercy is endless
and the treasury of compassion
- inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us
and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments
we might not despair
nor become despondent,
but with great confidence
submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is Love and Mercy itself.

Amen

Praying for your intentions...

:crossrc: :crossrc: :crossrc: :crossrc: :crossrc: :crossrc: :crossrc: :crossrc:

Prayer for Faith
Lord, I believe:
I wish to believe in Thee.
Lord, let my faith be full and unreserved,
and let it penetrate my thought,
my way of judging Divine things and human things.
Lord, let my faith be joyful
and give peace and gladness to my spirit,
and dispose it for prayer with God
and conversation with men,
so that the inner bliss of its fortunate possession
may shine forth in sacred and secular conversation
Lord, let my faith be humble and not presume
to be based on the experience of my thought and of my
feeling;
but let it surrender to the testimony of the Holy Spirit,
and not have any better guarantee than in docility to
Tradition
and to the authority of the magisterium of the Holy Church.
Amen

Hang in there my friend.. we will keep you in prayer.

Praying hard for your success.

Prayer for the Help of the Holy Spirit
O God, send forth your Holy Spirit into my heart that I may perceive, into my mind that I may remember, and into my soul that I may meditate. Inspire me to speak with piety, holiness, tenderness and mercy. Teach, guide and direct my thoughts and senses from beginning to end. May your grace ever help and correct me, and may I be strengthened now with wisdom from on high, for the sake of your infinite mercy. Amen.

Saint Anthony of Padua

Divine Mercy
Eternal God,
in whom mercy is endless
and the treasury of compassion
- inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us
and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments
we might not despair
nor become despondent,
but with great confidence
submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is Love and Mercy itself.

Amen

O God, send forth your Holy Spirit into my heart that I may perceive, into my mind that I may remember, and into my soul that I may meditate. Inspire me to speak with piety, holiness, tenderness and mercy. Teach, guide and direct my thoughts and senses from beginning to end. May your grace ever help and correct me, and may I be strengthened now with wisdom from on high, for the sake of your infinite mercy. Amen.

Saint Anthony of Padua

Dear friend you remain in my prayers.May God bless you and guide you along the right
path.

From all eternity, O Lord, You planned my very existence and my destiny. You wrapped me in Your love in baptism and gave me the Faith to lead me to an eternal life of happiness with You. You have showered me with Your graces and You have been always ready with Your mercy and forgiveness when I have fallen. Now I beg You for the light I so earnestly need that I may find the way of life in which lies the best fulfillment of Your will. Whatever state this may be, give me the grace necessary to embrace it with love of Your holy will, as devotedly as Your Blessed Mother did Your will. I offer myself to You now, trusting in Your wisdom and love to direct me in working out my salvation and in helping others to know and come close to You, so that I may find my reward in union with You for ever and ever. Amen.

Glorious St. Joseph, model of all those who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work conscientiously, putting the call of duty above my many sins; to work with thankfulness and joy, considering it an honor to employ and develop, by means of labor, the gifts received from God; to work with order, peace, prudence and patience, never surrendering to weariness or difficulties; to work, above all, with purity of intention, and with detachment from self, having always death before my eyes and the account which I must render of time lost, of talents wasted, of good omitted, of vain complacency in success so fatal to the work of God. All for Jesus, all for Mary, all after thy example, O Patriarch Joseph. Such shall be my motto in life and death. Amen.

Dear friend holding you in my thoughts and prayers.Praying God will help you get
work.

Saint Anthony of Padua

Prodigal_40s
Keep the faith and be open to wherever God may be calling you.
Sounds like you have an army of warriors praying for you if I may,
might silently add mine.
My prayers are with you my brother in Christ.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.