Prayer for a slightly broken heart

I had to break off today with someone I was seeing. It’s for the best in the long run, but that didn’t stop me from coming home, having a good cry, and feeling very sad.

It’s not the end of the world, I know, but I am feeling bereft, inadequate, and sad. :frowning: Prayers appreciated.

Peace,
Francesca

Will pray for you my friend…

Francesca, I feel for you that you are “feeling bereft, inadequate, and sad.” I’m sure you’re not inadequate, just feeling down, which is very understandable. It’s hard to let go of a dream, and a person. I ask God to embrace you and help you through…and that God will lead you to HIS dream for you.

Warm regards, Trishie :coffee: :coffee:

Thanks… I know “this too shall pass” and I’ve been praying all day… and a good cry does wonders. But I’m very comforted to know there are some other foks’ prayers out there for me.

Is there a patron saint of heartache, I wonder?!

Peace,
Francesca

+JMJTJ+

Dear Francesca,
The Lord knows your pain; take refuge in His ‘Sacred Heart’.
All will be well in His perfect way and timing.
You will be in my prayers.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa274/grichocds/MISCELLANEOUS/me.jpg

Praying for you. God Bless you. Peace.

praying:gopray:

Prayers for you and your heart.

Praying for you. Trust in God. :slight_smile:

God bless,
Ut

Praying.

Hail Mary Full of Grace
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed art thou among woman
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
pray
for us sinners now and at the
hour of our death.
Amen

Still praying…

There are better things to cry about.

Be strong and put your mind in celestial things and the worldy ones will work out.

I garantee it.:thumbsup:

Thanks, all. I’m perking up a bit, and am off to Mass, then dinner with a friend, and then back for part of an all-night Adoration. Should definitely refocus my mind!

Francesca

Prayers promised for God’s will to be done in your life.

Francesca,
My prayers are with you. Here is a link to a list of Saints by topic. Hope you find one that you can relate to.
God Bless,
Pam

saints.sqpn.com/patron00.htm

Hmmm, there’s

saints.sqpn.com/saintd18.htm, St. Dwynwen. Not exactly the thing, but I *am *of Welsh descent.

Quite an intense icon, though…

Francesca

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.