Prayer for Adoption

My daughter-in-law called me today to let me know that my son’s ex has agreed to let her adopt his little boy. I have been praying for this to happen for a while and I need some extra prayers so that the ex doesn’t change her mind. When she walked out on them (the baby was 9 months old) in May 05 she told him she was going to give up her parental rights but never did. When he returned from Iraq at the end of June he sent her an email to see if she still wanted to see him they would travel to where she lives - it took her almost 2 weeks to respond and then she told him she could not take any time off from work to see the child. The last time she saw him was 12/25/05 for a few hours. She is not mentally stable and has difficulty in holding a job and when they were married she would attack my son in the middle of the night when he was sleeping so I don’t feel like she would a good mother - this was also not the first son she walked out on. The little one’s step-mom is great with him and he only knows her as his Mommy and I would love to see that that never changes. I appreicate any and all praryers. God bless. :signofcross:

Will keep it in daily prayer that all unfolds happily for all involved.

Adoption can be a wonderful thing! I’m praying!

How wonderful,:gopray2: I will pray that everything goes well!

Praying :gopray:

Father, instil in the heart of this boy’s mother the selfless love to renounce her parental rights. Make smooth the path to adoption by AFM’s daughter-in-law to give this child a stable home with both a mother and a father to love him.

Through Christ our Lord, in unity with the Holy Spirit
Amen

Saint Clotilde, pray for us
Saint William of Rochester, pray for us.

Praying for this intention…

Our Lady of Sorrows,

Please see this situation and intercede as you would. You understand probably both mother’s issues better than we would. We ask for the best outcome for all concerned, especially the child.

Amen.

:byzsoc::byzsoc::byzsoc:

Your in my prayers

**Thank you all for your prayers. ** I just got back from my cataract surgery in New Orleans and found out that the birth mother signed the papers today but even if she had not signed the judge was ready to take her rights away for lack of support and contact over the last 2 years. Now I have to see about getting the mother’s name changed on his baptism certificate - he will be told who his birth mother is when he is older and it will be his decision to see her or not but don’t want him to see her name on his baptism certificate and question who she is. Again thanks for the prayers.

Will pray that all turns out ok all concerned in Jesus holy name

Praying for this intention.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Praying!

Will be praying!
:gopray2:

Airforcemom, you move to the head of the prayer list. “Airforcemom’s grandson becomes ‘official’ and the bio-mom signs off.” Roger that!

Please also pray for me- The girls’ guardian ad litem is coming Friday afternoon at 3:45. I am not finished with the bathroom (I have to install a floor- first time), the house is a mess, and I am stressing. It is the last step in the adoption process for us.

When the step-mom adopts him, his birth certificate should be automatically changed and the old one sealed. Different states have different laws on what it takes to unseal it.

I’ll pray for them.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Please say the following prayer right now to release 1,000 souls from purgatory (Approval and Recommendation signed by M. Cardinal Pahiarca, Lisbon, Portugal March 4, 1936.): Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy Souls in Purgatory. Amen

Click these icons/links to donate food to the hungry. It’s free.
thehungersite.com/clickToGive/images/button_clickToGive_ths.gif
hungerfighters.com/images/HF_Half2.gif
greatergood.com/images/linktous/468x60_ths-visitor-anim-fight.gif
children.care2.com/front.html?p=&iID=

I will remember this intention in my daily prayers and at Mass. :gopray2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.